Tormenting dog.

sweetpea

Valued Senior Member
Didn't know where to put this clip. I mean, it's just not normal stuff, right. You can see there's no fakery, why would someone make stuff like this up and show it to others? And, I think it's cruel of this person to torment the dog.

Last edited:
Didn't know where to put this clip. I mean, it's just not normal stuff, right. You can see there's no fakery, why would someone make stuff like this up and show it to others? And, I think it's cruel of this person to torment the dog.
This is one of my all time favorites. Kills me every time.

You think the dog talks...
Yes, and at first I thought the dog was "throwing its voice", that is, both voices being the dog's.
Anyway captain smarty pants, can you see any evidence in the clip to show it's not the dog's own voice? Let alone "throwing its voice" to be both talkers in the clip?

The sound in both videos seems to be fake.

But some animals are very good at imitating sounds. Parrots are the prize example.

I read somewhere that birds create their bird-songs by copying other birds' songs, then adding their own variations to make them personal. So there's something analogous to a cultural aspect to it, since different local communities of birds can be expected to have similar songs (since they've all been copying each other).

Yes, and at first I thought the dog was "throwing its voice", that is, both voices being the dog's.
Anyway captain smarty pants, can you see any evidence in the clip to show it's not the dog's own voice? Let alone "throwing its voice" to be both talkers in the clip?
Do you believe the dog talks?

The sound in both videos seems to be fake.

But some animals are very good at imitating sounds. Parrots are the prize example.

I read somewhere that birds create their bird-songs by copying other birds' songs, then adding their own variations to make them personal. So there's something analogous to a cultural aspect to it, since different local communities of birds can be expected to have similar songs (since they've all been copying each other).
The real problem is the dog "speaks" with appropriate responses. There is an intelligence behind that "speech", but it's not a dog-level intelligence.

You guys are poking fun at MR, right?

If it's on YouTube, it's gotta be real. Who wold lie about such a thing?

Well yeah. At first, I thought they were just playing obtuse for the fun of it. It wasn't until you chimed in that I realized it was a dig about believing everything one sees on the internet.

Sweetpea devotes his life to making mine miserable. He reposts things I've posted in other forums on the internet in the attempt to make me look foolish. This is just one more in a long line of trollish stunts aimed at me. It's rather pathetic and sick when you think about it.

Last edited:
Well, if it's faked, then don't you find it interesting how the dog remembers its lines?
You mean the human that's speaking the dog's lines. A dog that actually speaks and makes coherent responses would not make its debut on Youtube.

We had a dachshund when I was young. It would walk up to the door and bark. Mom would ask it if it wanted to go out. It barked again. "See? He understands English!" Next time he wanted to go out I asked him "Are you Donald Duck?" He replied the same way. It was just the tone of voice.

Back