Top 5 Worrisome Diseases

yea sure, SOME virus's (antraxs for example) can exist in a dorment state in the soil, they CANT spread though. Bacteria can as long as they have what they need (moisture, food ect)

For God’s sake Asguard, please stop as you don’t know what you’re talking about, as per usual.

yea sure, SOME virus's (antraxs for example) ….

What the hell is “antraxs”? I presume you’re referring to “Anthrax”. Anthrax is a bacterium (Bacillus anthracis), it is not a virus. :rolleyes:

…(viruses) can exist in a dorment state in the soil, they CANT spread though.

You’re wrong. Some viruses can persist in the environment for a period of time and can infect a person via an inanimate object, ie. without person-to-person contact.

Fact. Go look it up.

how long after contact?
i did look it up, the maxium viability for the HIV virus for instance is 2 hours in air, less as the surface starts to dry out and ability to infect is even less.

Hep is slightly longer but still not very long

not sure on the flu or the various cold viruses but MOST if not all are no longer than a few hours without living tissue to infect.

bacteria can be forever, there is no time limit because they keep deviding and spreading, they are only limited by there ability to have a viable enviroment

I've had dengue, and so has my mom, dad, and some friends.

It's not really as life threatening as AIDS. So I would bump it off the list, and allow AIDS to take first place.

isnt that quote surposed to be:
"life is a terminal sexually transmitted diseas"

I've had dengue, and so has my mom, dad, and some friends.

It's not really as life threatening as AIDS. So I would bump it off the list, and allow AIDS to take first place.

I don't know why AIDS didn't make their list. I would have taken smallpox off and had AIDS replace it.

how long after contact?

For most viruses, not long at all.

But I was answering in absolutes because you were talking in absolutes. The infectious time window for ‘naked’ viruses on surfaces, or in water or body fluids, varies depending on the virus and the environmental conditions. For many, such as HIV, it is a very narrow window, for others it’s a bit longer. Rotavirus is a classic example of a virus that can remain infectious for extended periods of time on surfaces and in water.

Wrong (with respect to the viral statement).

Wrong again (with respect to the viral statement).

And in respect to the bacteria statement.
As long as we assume that he meant "ALL bacteria...", there are many symbiotic bacteria that won't last more than a few days outside of our gut.

Actually humans would in fact cease to exist. Quite simply they would starve. Many fish eat flies and mosquitoes. Many amphibious creatures and other bugs eat the skeeter larvea. Not to mention the bats. If bats go the pollination of many plants goes.
We do depend on those small animals cycles. So your answer would be a catastrophic even worse than this talk of global warming. Overnight the fish gone. All gone. Next the bear family and raccoons and hawks gone that depend on the fish. And not sure what would be next but sure of those two affecting the rest of the mammals like deer and elk populations. Less scavengers and the world then mounting with the dead as the rest of the birds dye out no longer balanced by the hawks positions.

1. Malaria
2. Smallpox
3. West Nile Virus
4. Ebola
5. Dengue Fever

How hard would it be to make mosquitoes extinct? How big of an impact on the animal kingdom (not human) would it have? (and yes, I know humans are animals, yada yada yada, but that's not what I'm asking)

link

....So your answer would be a catastrophic even worse than this talk of global warming. Overnight the fish gone. All gone. Next the bear family and raccoons and hawks gone that depend on the fish. And not sure what would be next but sure of those two affecting the rest of the mammals like deer and elk populations. Less scavengers and the world then mounting with the dead as the rest of the birds dye out no longer balanced by the hawks positions.

No. I don't think so.

Back