Tongue Rolling

Well, the loci have not been identified so I cannot say whether they are on the same locus. However, according to their mode of inheritance it should not be possible. At the least rolling and pointed tongue are mutually exclusive.

Well, the loci have not been identified so I cannot say whether they are on the same locus. However, according to their mode of inheritance it should not be possible. At the least rolling and pointed tongue are mutually exclusive.

pointed tongue??

Hmm apparently I can fold it lengthwise left to right but not so easily right to left, I was born lefthanded, but became more righthanded after growing up. Is that a factor?

"Tongue rolling" is easy. Nothing to it.

I can also rapidly flicker my eyes ... kind of difficult to explain, but it looks really cool. I've heard my eyes can "get stuck", but I'm not entirely sure if I believe that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Kadark

Not that any of you need to know it but I can both Roll and fold. Not sure what twist is but I could probably do that too... odd really that others can't.

As for advantages?... Obviously Courtship.

As for being a genetic trait? I wouldn't know, I don't snog blood relatives.
Seriously perhaps it's just down to people and their articulation of their given language. (Simple test try rolling your R's in words i.e. "The Red Rabbit Runs Rings Round Robert")

Last edited:
"Tongue rolling" is easy. Nothing to it.

I can also rapidly flicker my eyes ... kind of difficult to explain, but it looks really cool. I've heard my eyes can "get stuck", but I'm not entirely sure if I believe that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Kadark

ya I can do the eye shimmy too.
It helps if you get right up in the face of the observer and strain your eyeballs.
I also can roll, fold, twist and dislocate my tongue.
In fact, I can simultaneuosly roll/fold/twist my tongue into a vibrating "standing" tongue wave much like a Sybian.
Not to mention I'm triple jointed in my penis.... but thats for a different thread.

Actually I do have to add that the inheritance is not completely Mendelian. So while it is for the most part genetically governed, some other aspects might also play a role. Pointed tongue simply means the inability to roll, iirc.

There are (if I remember correctly) three different phenotypes:
rolling tongue, pointed tongue and twisted tongue. All are genetically inherited.
The latter is inherited recessively, I think.

I can do all of those. I used to freak out my mum by sticking out my tongue and elongating it.

Dude ! :D

Your eyes can't get stuck..

I always wanted to be able to turn my eyelids inside out. A kid in grade school could. Coolest thing EVER...at least to a 7 yr old.

55015405_63e2d2a4be.jpg

I always wanted to be able to turn my eyelids inside out. A kid in grade school could. Coolest thing EVER...at least to a 7 yr old.

Didn't anybody tell you your eyes can get stuck if you do that ??

I can do what Kadark mentioned :p

Back