To theists - On God and the role theists have for non-theists

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do I..but that still doesn't mean i can't believe in God..

I will join you in any rants against religion..(the organized institution using God to make ppl conform to a certain standard as defined by the administration of said institutions)

to me they tend to circumvent God more times than not..
(see my opinion about what God wants for you, may not be what God wants for me)

If God were to tell you to do something and your pastor (Man) were to tell you to do something else, who would you listen to?

the tendency is to listen to the pastor, not God..
simply because the pastors want the authority to speak for God, and their own humanity causes them to 'flavor' their sermons with such 'listen to me, I'm right' type things.

but then this 'listen to me, I'm right' applies to everyone doesn't it?

But your complaints against religion are not apparently the same as a rational person's. You seemingly dislike religion because, as you put it, it distracts from God ("God" of course being a Judeo-Christian concept, so let's not pretend you've strayed all that far from the flock, young apostate), not that it stifles free inquiry and oppresses minorities and, as in the case of the major monotheistic religions, subjugates women. Frankly, I wouldn't want your vaguely-Christian caterwauling on my side of the debate, thank you very much.

But your complaints against religion are not apparently the same as a rational person's. You seemingly dislike religion because, as you put it, it distracts from God ("God" of course being a Judeo-Christian concept, so let's not pretend you've strayed all that far from the flock, young apostate), not that it stifles free inquiry and oppresses minorities and, as in the case of the major monotheistic religions, subjugates women. Frankly, I wouldn't want your vaguely-Christian caterwauling on my side of the debate, thank you very much.

fortunately, i am not in the mood to take your bait..
better try some other bait...cause this fish ain't biting..

Lets not forget both God and Jesus existed long before any church even as the Holy Catholic Church says.

Lets not forget both God and Jesus existed long before any church even as the Holy Catholic Church says.

Neither existed before religion, however.
Research ancient Mesopotamia and the origins of many of the myths that have lasted to today.
In fact, originally, God had a wife... she kinda vanished over the years, as temple leaders decided that made things way too complex.

Neither existed before religion, however.
Research ancient Mesopotamia and the origins of many of the myths that have lasted to today.
In fact, originally, God had a wife... she kinda vanished over the years, as temple leaders decided that made things way too complex.

maybe that God was a ancient leader and his wife left him?

Temples dedicated to God existed long before Jesus did (which is if you actually believe he did exist), and much of Judaic mythology is based on prior religions, as Neverfly points out above.

I'm not entirely sure what the point of your comment was, however.

Moderator note: Clearly, the opening post of this thread is nothing other than troll bait.

wynn has been banned for 3 days.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back