To theists: How much do you care about those you preach to?

Well i guess if you take at face value what people report during a census and what governments report.
If you don't take it at face value, your risk making serious judgements on people, which is not the point of statistics.

To be honest, every religion has a large percentage of people that aren't really what they claim to be. Wicca is no exception. The difference being is that Wicca isn't defined by its beliefs so much as it is by its ritual practices. It doesn't matter what someone believes or claims, if they don't follow the traditional practices, they aren't Wiccan.
Now, decades ago, this would be a huge stumbling block; Wicca had always been an initiatory, oathbound, coven-based fertility cult. But since the late 1970's, a lot of information about Wicca's practices have become public information.

Buddhism could best be called a philosophy rather than a religion
History would definitely disagree with you there. Buddhism is well established in many East Asian countries and societies as a religion, with all the ecclesiastic accoutrements associated with organised religion.
In any case, religion itself is merely philosophy with action; religion is normally defined as thinking a certain way, and acting a certain way based on that manner of thought. The way of thinking is philosophy; the way of acting in the practices associated with that ideology.

All of us are part of God, for everyone to understand this would make us better. How would you feel after you die, if you believe in such a thing, if others were suffering for their ignorance? Would that make you feel better, happier, more righteous in your beliefs whatever they are? Like Hey i past the test! I am better than that poor dolt! That would be suffering, maybe as in a fire. Doesn't life prove to you time and again that we are all in this together? The manner in which I care for others is exactly in the manner I care for myself. If a theist were not to care for another's salvation, he would not care for his own. The manner in which one chooses to express this I guess is up to God and the individual.

Last edited:
To theists:

How much do you care about those you preach to?

What are those people to you - potential converts, deluded idiots, guinea pigs on whom you practice your debate skills ...?
ones who will be tortured forever, save them.:(

sometimes it's merely trying to find out what is right, like whether "giraffes have only 7 bone knot thingies in their vertebrate like humans", you say yes the other no and you discuss it to find out:shrug:.

Back