To know there is no god?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man just when you think someone can't reach an even higher degree of stupidity.....

Don't you understand what imaginary means? Imaginary means "existing only in the imagination or fancy; not real; fancied". You stated

Therefore you implied that evidence is the CAUSE of something being true....
I fully apologise for implying such a thing ever. It is impossible for evidence to be the cause of the truth or falsity of a thing. Right?

Now. Without evidence for a thing, does the concept only exist in your imagination?

Please answer if you can.

I fully apologise for implying such a thing ever. It is impossible for evidence to be the cause of the truth or falsity of a thing. Right?

Now. Without evidence for a thing, does the concept only exist in your imagination?

Please answer if you can.
The concept exist as the reality of things, the actual truth, if it is true, if it is false then it exist as something just in your imagination....no evidence for nor against a claim has nothing to do with it....

The concept exist as the reality of things, the actual truth, if it is true, if it is false then it exist as something just in your imagination....no evidence for nor against a claim has nothing to do with it....
What?

Do you believe in the as-yet undiscovered species of arthropod living under the martian soil.

A simple yes or no will do.

I see your confusion and the reason you seem to keep lying about this.

Evidence does not cause anything to be ultimately true or false. This is a strawman you keep leaning on because you have no better argument.

What evidence does is verify whether the thing you postulate is true or not. Until such evidence is gathered and analyzed, you have no reason, other than in your imagination, to believe a thing.

Get it now?

then it gets back to the question what can a person who lacks the necessary prerequisites of theory, practice and values make of any body of knowledge?

It's not esoteric knowledge that's the point here.
there's nothing esoteric about it - thats why I used the eg of physics - I could also use the knowledge base of car mechanics too
You claim that a god is responsible for certain aspects of the world. You then must show how this is so.
in terms of receiving knowledge (car mechanics, physics - anything actually) there are two essential prerequisites - one is a qualified teacher and the other is a qualified student - unless these two criteria are met, no aspect of knowledge (from esoteria to car mechnaics) can be transmitted
You hide behind this childish argument even though it's been dealt with as wrong many times.
basically the more complex the knowledge is, the more difficult it is to argue that knowledge can be received with out meeting certain prerequisites
The highschool dropout can experience the effects of electrons directly.
how so?
No one has ever conclusively experienced the effects of a god directly.
On what body of knowledge do you make this absolute statement?
Every phenomenon claimed to be of supernatiral origin has been shown otherwise.
On what body of knowledge do you make this absolute statement?

This leaves the ones that still are not explained. No evidence points to a god for these...

I think there are severe problems with your above premises

a qualified student
What the fuck? A qualified student? You have built a wall of intellectual impenetrability around yourself and your religion that no other human endeavor shares. I'm an electrical engineer, and I can make even the most esoteric concepts of my field understandable to anyone, even you. Even you are a "qualified" student.

I'm not speaking with you anymore. I find myself sinking into whatever mental impairment makes you spout the same statements over and over, ad nauseum. Be cozy behind your mental blockade. Bye.

What?

Do you believe in the as-yet undiscovered species of arthropod living under the martian soil.

A simple yes or no will do.
Thats not the actual question, the actual question is "is something thats true, true regardless of if there's evidence or not?", thats the question.

As for your question, I neither believe nor disbelieve in the species of arthropod....

if there is no claim of direct perception, nor a process to arrive at the point of direct perception, it can be soundly rejected
Fuck me.

So, if I claim a process of percieveing gnomes, and I claim to percieve them directly, that makes them real?

What the fuck? A qualified student? You have built a wall of intellectual impenetrability around yourself and your religion that no other human endeavor shares.
qualified in the sense of being in possession of qualities (and not the rubber stamp of 'qualifications')

I'm an electrical engineer, and I can make even the most esoteric concepts of my field understandable to anyone, even you. Even you are a "qualified" student.
not if I call you a string of insulting names at every moment you try to teach me anything

I'm not speaking with you anymore. I find myself sinking into whatever mental impairment makes you spout the same statements over and over, ad nauseum. Be cozy behind your mental blockade. Bye.
this is the same mental impasse that an unqualified student establishes that maintains them in their position

Thats not the actual question, the actual question is "is something thats true, true regardless of if there's evidence or not?", thats the question.
Metaphysically meaningless, wouldn't you say? If god is real, then he exists whether I believe or not, right? What does that have to do with our knowledge of the truth?

As for your question, I neither believe nor disbelieve in the species of arthropod....
So, you neither believe nor disbelieve in god then? Good. You're an atheist/agnostic.

Fuck me.

So, if I claim a process of percieveing gnomes, and I claim to percieve them directly, that makes them real?
at the very last it brings the process you are advocating for scrutiny - this is actually how one can initially investigate theistic claims - one examines the process advocated

qualified in the sense of being in possession of qualities (and not the rubber stamp of 'qualifications')
???

not if I call you a string of insulting names at every moment you try to teach me anything
???

this is the same mental impasse that an unqualified student establishes that maintains them in their position
???
But I've been a seeker. I was qualified. I've studied with qualified teachers. There is no god as currently proposed. Right?

at the very last it brings the process you are advocating for scrutiny - this is actually how one can initially investigate theistic claims - one examines the process advocated
Did it. They are wrong and misguided. All of them. There is no one who ever directly percieved a god. They have all been shown to have an agenda, or a brain malfunction.

???

???

???
But I've been a seeker. I was qualified. I've studied with qualified teachers. There is no god as currently proposed. Right?
not everyone who goes to university gets a degree and not all people who get a degree end up practicing in t he field and not all people practicing in the field are at the point of establishing (or re- establishing, in the case of empiricism) the knowledge base the field relies on

Metaphysically meaningless, wouldn't you say? If god is real, then he exists whether I believe or not, right? What does that have to do with our knowledge of the truth?
Whats metaphysical about this? Is something true regardless of if there's evidence for or against it? The truth is the truth, reality works the same way regardless, etc....

superluminal said:
So, you neither believe nor disbelieve in god then? Good. You're an atheist/agnostic.
No, I believe in God, you know based on personal experiences, personal thoughts, etc...just as how a physicist may believe in the many-worlds theory even though there's no evidence for nor against it...

Thats' your imagination.

That's his imagination.
No, its imagination if its false, if its true then its not imagination but reality....saying its imagination is implying that you know its false...it only exists as an idea and has no basis in reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back