tissue engineering

Well then if you don't know why it is not possible to grow organs in vitro then you’re not in a position to say so. As for my credentials that has no relevance to what your saying.

i suppose a very talented group of tissue engineers might be able to do such a thing but it seems difficult. *remembering bits and pieces from embryology*: let's see now, the formation of structures in the body depends on the cells surrounding it. there would be programmed apoptosis to form the shape of the organ. i dunno, from as much as i know about the whole thing (not too much), i looks like you'd have to grow the whole damn body to get an organ. can somebody explain organogenesis before my head explodes?

in imaginal discs, development of wings depends a great deal on morphogen flow from the base of the disc coming from the body of the fly and back again. how can you possibly control all the proteins and morphogens in vitro?

The idea is (as of now) to grow the tissues and then assemble the organ from it manually. For organs and tissues like balder, skin, cartilage, bone that’s been done but lungs and kidney... well were going to need etched and pattern silicon plates and layering and the resulting organs going to be made like a 3d computer chip. Probably not easy nor will it look like the real thing but hopefully will function like it.

i gave you my reasons...you just disregard them.

your assumptions are just not realistic.

to grow a tissue is on a different level than growing an organ.

Back