Time Slips

For me, I wish time had slipped around this thread. Only Cato's post was digestible and coherent. God bless primates.

Despite what you all may think, I believe that time slips do occur, in the form of deja-vu. Does anyone have an explanation for deja-vu? I define it as when you have an event occur to you that you have previously experienced (or thought you had). This now happens to me on a near daily basis, usually the event orrurs to me for about 30 seconds. Perhaps this is a time slip and your mind has slipped into the future for moments and brought back the memory (perhaps while you were dreaming or astral projecting). If you think about it the concept of deja-vu is quite mysterious. This is just a thoery that I am throwing out there.

or perhaps your mind just thinks it has experienced it before because it recorded the data wrong. if I had a serious case of deja-vu daily, I would see a doctor (well, not right now because I am a broke-ass college boy, but if I could afford a brain scan I would go)

Bebelina, what is the basis for your "wobble" idea?

Wingmaker Seeker said:
Despite what you all may think, I believe that time slips do occur, in the form of deja-vu. Does anyone have an explanation for deja-vu? I define it as when you have an event occur to you that you have previously experienced (or thought you had). This now happens to me on a near daily basis, usually the event orrurs to me for about 30 seconds. Perhaps this is a time slip and your mind has slipped into the future for moments and brought back the memory (perhaps while you were dreaming or astral projecting). If you think about it the concept of deja-vu is quite mysterious. This is just a thoery that I am throwing out there.

I am willing to bet that if you experience chronic deja vu then your temporal lobe is damaged.

For devaju to be understood requires a radical change in current thinking about the nature of time and how we humans have abilities in this regard.
Our current understanding of brain functionality and our percieved limitations in brain functionality and ability dis-allows insight into this subject.

There is no doubt that we project ourselves in to the future as a "fantazy" yet to be fullfilled. This projection affords us a direction in which to travel. If we happen to fullfill that fantazy and then realise we have, we have the sensation of dejavu. Why this is impossibe according to current thought is that dejevu often involves loctations we have never physically seen or been to before thus it is impossible to draw a physical correlation to the experience [ if one subscribes to current thought on the nature of our brains functionality]

But to accept this notion one has to drop current notions of time dimensionality and how we work with time. Until we do so dejavu will be relegated to a hysteric and "Temperal lobe damage" casuality. [Crunchy Cat , please excuse the light sarcasm]

Last edited:
The temporal lobe damage causality can be seen. To my knowledge, all chronic deja vu folks have brain damage in this area.

How do we know that what we percieve as brain damage (temporal lobe damage) is not merely an aspect of our brain that we do not currently understand (as quack so intelligently put)? We humans, on average, use merely 10% of our brains, what is in the other 90%, it couldn't be empty ?

Wingmaker Seeker said:
How do we know that what we percieve as brain damage (temporal lobe damage) is not merely an aspect of our brain that we do not currently understand (as quack so intelligently put)? We humans, on average, use merely 10% of our brains, what is in the other 90%, it couldn't be empty ?

* We conciously use some percentage of our brains and it doesn't mean that the rest is actually usable.

* The difference between people whom don't experience chronic deja vu and the ones that do is brain damage (i.e. physical damage resulting in very low or no electrical activity).

* From a physical point of view, there is no evidence to suggest that tiny amounts of electrical activity (i.e. brain processing) has any impact on time.

At the same time, there is no evidence to suggest that it has no impact. I heard of this kid who supposedly had brain damage, diagnosed by a doctor. But, he said that he could memorize anything. So they put him to the tesy, they gave him pi. he momorized the first 1 million digits and when asked to repeat them, he didn't once falter.

By the way, by looking at everything from a scientific point of view, you hinder you learning. We, humans, created the science that we believe. What if we are wrong about everything and our entire scientific peception of the universe is damaged irreperably. What will we do then?

Wingmaker Seeker said:
At the same time, there is no evidence to suggest that it has no impact. I heard of this kid who supposedly had brain damage, diagnosed by a doctor. But, he said that he could memorize anything. So they put him to the tesy, they gave him pi. he momorized the first 1 million digits and when asked to repeat them, he didn't once falter.

By the way, by looking at everything from a scientific point of view, you hinder you learning. We, humans, created the science that we believe. What if we are wrong about everything and our entire scientific peception of the universe is damaged irreperably. What will we do then?

I never stated that it wouldn't have an impact. I know for a fact that for example with TMS, I could induce excellent drawing ability in people whom can't draw, extreme pattern / difference recognition, increase IQ, etc. What I am saying is that Deja Vu is an illusion and the chronic version of it is a result of brain damage.

I really do not have to believe unqualified statements that science has proven, which it hasn't, that deja vu is anything but what a lot of people believe it is, actual memories of past life experiences or remote viewing experiences. "Reasoned speculation" is not scientifically conclusive, and that is all we have for "logical reasons" for the various psychic phenomena.

There is real scientific theory that can explain telepathy, remote viewing, deja vu, the whole nine yards of psychic phenomena. We really don't yet know what mind is. Even if we think that we can restrict everything that is mind to what we think of as the purely material, we can't prove that. If mind does use an unknown set of physical laws, this is just a set of physical laws that we haven't learned yet, even if it is "out there." On a quantum level, and this is physicists talking, not mystics, everything is connected to everything else through multiple dimensions. There is a lot of theory out there that is considered credible by physicists that tells us one thing: We don't know that it is impossible.

Crunchy Cat, is the TMS thing something that you have done, or just believe that you could do? I looked it up. You are almost certainly talking about Trans-cranial Magnetic Stimulation, right? This is something that I can build an adapter for from my computer's soundcard output. I found out the hard way recently that there is a lower limit to the frequencies I can get from that output, but there is a way around that, within certain limits. With some parts and some creativity, I can get an amp or two through a few hundred turns of copper wire on a ferrite form at fairly precise frequences and waveforms. I only need to write a few lines of code to create the waveshapes.

Metakron,

Plain and simply there is no evidence for seeing the future, telepathy, or any other kind of 'psychic' phenomena. None whatsoever. The closest hypothesis on the subject of 'mind' is that thought is the result of a complex network of chemicals and electricity.

The quantum level statement that everything is connected through multiple dimensions is not necessarily true. M-Theory and any of it's constituents have been completely untestable so far; howver, if memory serves me correct, the first testing will occur in 2007 with the hadron collider in geneva by smashing some particles together and looking for evidence of miniscule black holes, higgs bosons, etc.

You are correct in that TMS referrs to Trans-cranial Magnetic Stimulator. It's something that I have observed the hard results of (anything from eliminating a person's sense of self to treating migranes). The idea is to zero in on select parts of the brain and reduce or increase electrical activity.

Crunchy Cat said:
* We conciously use some percentage of our brains and it doesn't mean that the rest is actually usable.

* The difference between people whom don't experience chronic deja vu and the ones that do is brain damage (i.e. physical damage resulting in very low or no electrical activity).

* From a physical point of view, there is no evidence to suggest that tiny amounts of electrical activity (i.e. brain processing) has any impact on time.

The 10% of your brain idea is complete crap.

http://www.csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html

We use almost all of our brain for most complex tasks, and things like memory recall, etc.

Squeak22 said:
The 10% of your brain idea is complete crap.

http://www.csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html

We use almost all of our brain for most complex tasks, and things like memory recall, etc.

I don't think I ever claimed that the 10% idea was true. What I did assert is that any unused portion of the brain (for an situation) is not necessarily something that 'could' be usable.

In all seriousness, if our brains were at full 100% activity at every moment of conciousness then we would probably need 10 hours of sleep for ever 1 hour of conciousness.

MetaKron said:
Being able to deny the evidence isn't the same thing as there being no evidence.

That's what happens with 'belief' alot. Evidence is there and it is simply ignored because it conflicts with a persons position / desires. In the case of psychic phenomena, there is zero evidence for it. A common practice of 'believers' to combat this is to find evidence of 'something' and then substitute that 'something' with their position / desires.

Perhaps that is what you are doing. Replacing no evidence, with inconclusive evidence which is the same thing. Science is merely best guess and therefore, what we think we know now, the half-truths and asserted evidence, may turn out to be totally and completely false.

Then lets make it conclusive. Would I be correct in understanding that you experience Deja Vu on a regular basis?

"Inconclusive evidence" is evidence or we wouldn't call it evidence. It's not the same thing as "no evidence."

Back