time for a new place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can Identify them Norval, It's just how many complaints will I get for doing my job as aposed to not doing it?

For instance the impression the people that come to this forum suggested was that people like myself in moderation would lock threads if it went against our belief systems, so I've left pretty much all of the threads open (other than closing your alien war one for a bit based on you complaining about the poster architype), I haven't done that much editing or ticking off because of the fact that so many of you think that a moderator is here to "hide up information" or "keep you from the truth".

Otherwise edits, thread locks and complaints could be issued openly and autonomously.
Problem is you guys want it both ways.

zonabi said:
its time for a new place to discuss psuedoscience and other related topics.

Then let me offer a few suggestions: one, two, three, four, and lets not forget the one of the world's leading pseudoarchaeologists: five.

zonabi said:
this forum is NOT the place for this, too many negatives talking bullshit about their own selves, yelling we are crazy-

This is a "science" board and the "pseudoscience" section should be about exposing pseudoscience and bad science, not embracing it. Anyone who posts a wild claim that they assert as truth shouldn't expect a warm hug. And for the record, I don't think you're crazy, just extremely gullible.

zonabi said:
this thread's purpose is to discuss whether or not the true psuedo'ers here believe that we are being treated unfairly.

There are those for whom it is one's duty to offend. If you embrace pseudoscience as a valid form of discovery, then expect that the rest of the scientific community will be harsh and critical. If you can't take the heat, leave, but I'd prefer that guys like you, Norval, crazymikey, et al stayed. It gives those that rightly ridicule and criticize pseudoscience a place to direct their text.

Hey yah Skinny;
It gives those that rightly ridicule and criticize pseudoscience a place to direct their text.

Personally I think you should get a raise because if you are a person hired to do information control, yer pretty good. If not, then you are as you said of Zonabi, gullible. A prime example of subterfuge and word twists I have seldom seen the likes of. :bugeye:

Persol, nobody would ever be able to back up their statements to YOUR satisfaction I am very sure of. :confused:

Last edited:
Would any of you mind cutting the crap and actually attempt to back your statements up?

Look, this pseudoscience section is supposed to be a place where wild ideas are thrown and debated.

Here is where i disagree with you, Skinwalker. Pseudoscience is usually not proven, or have no scientific backing. Yet the ideas are somewhat, if remotely, plausible. The objective should not be to exposing bad science and in the process condemning it, but to discuss it's possibilities and potential.

But there are those who are so entrenched in their own theories they refuse suggestions of any sort that their theories may be wrong. No matter how much evidence is raised that questions the validity of the theory, they refuse to at least admit their theories need some reworking. And they tend to respond rather offensively to those that question their theories, perhaps because their theories/beliefs cannot be reasonably defended, and to them "attack is the best defence."

These individuals aren't here to discuss alternative science. They are just using this forums to spread their wacky ideas and beliefs, hoping to gain some recognition. There is no constructive discussion to be had in this type of threads.

Time for this thread to be locked. Reason: House cleaning!
Since this thread isn't a pseudoscience topic that can be debated or discussed (which is what the forum is really about, I'm closing the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back