Thought Itself is an Agent of Oppression

Good. But you're right about thought. If we all stopped thinking, we could end most of our problems.

The thing is, you don't seem to have opinions, beer.
Well, I can't hold an opinion to such vaguery.

I would have a quibble to a 200 pound trans gender woman in woman's wrestling, but not in a woman's washroom.

I would have never known that had you not told me.
Rules change from sport to sport. Like, I believe in woman's ice hockey they are required to wear a full facial helmet... There's an air of dumbness in sports. If you loved checkers but rules stated you have to play blind folded or face crucifixion you still wouldn't give up playing checkers.

It's the best, awesome spectator sport after all.

Is political correctness a good thing or a bad thing?

You demonstrate your title.

There is an appearance of disconnection 'twixt thread title and topic post, but it is merely a matter of definitions. The question reflects your habits; you fulfill the proposition that thought itself is an agent of oppression, and in a manner far more literal and directly applicable than the phrase itself usually considers.

You need to try something a bit more Buddhist-ish before you find the right context. Something akin to the Four Noble Truths.

Discrimination, that is to say, consequential observation of differentiation, is an internal priority of individual perspective. There are, objectively, reasons to attend the fact an myriad aspects of differentiation in the Universe, but those are, generally speaking, as different from your or my perspective-bound projections as the Mysterious Ways of God.

It is easy enough to blame time, but not always functionally appropriate. Although you then get to invoke Therion, who would very much appreciate the idea of blaming time itself for everything wrong in the Universe.

You demonstrate your title.

There is an appearance of disconnection 'twixt thread title and topic post, but it is merely a matter of definitions. The question reflects your habits; you fulfill the proposition that thought itself is an agent of oppression, and in a manner far more literal and directly applicable than the phrase itself usually considers.

You need to try something a bit more Buddhist-ish before you find the right context. Something akin to the Four Noble Truths.

Discrimination, that is to say, consequential observation of differentiation, is an internal priority of individual perspective. There are, objectively, reasons to attend the fact an myriad aspects of differentiation in the Universe, but those are, generally speaking, as different from your or my perspective-bound projections as the Mysterious Ways of God.

It is easy enough to blame time, but not always functionally appropriate. Although you then get to invoke Therion, who would very much appreciate the idea of blaming time itself for everything wrong in the Universe.
It was an idea I came across during my travels online. I see it cutting both ways. I don't think it was as much a statement and possibly more a question. I'm thinking thoughts can be oppressive or liberating. But that's too simple of a statement, therefore the need for discussion.

anecdote to
Thought Itself is an Agent of Oppression
Long ago and far away:
I was having a bit of trouble adjusting to army life/
One fine day, I was walking across the parade field on my way to class
When some belligerent major took upon himself to accost me
He demanded: "Why aren't you in formation?!"
I responded: "I missed the formation"
Then he demanded "Aren't you going to salute an officer?!
"Yes sir" I responded as I began to do so
but then,
I paused
and said
"Waite a minute
In cub scouts we saluted with 2 fingers (and I did so)
In boy scouts we saluted with 3 fingers (and I did so)
In explorer scouts we saluted with 4 fingers (and I did so)
And in the army we salute with all five (and I did so)"
And then I exclaimed:
"OH MY GOD, I'VE BEEN PROGRAMMED"

He just stood there staring at me for a moment, and I could tell that one of the gears in his mind was freewheeling out of sinc.
After a moment, he turned and walked away--------------------(and forgot to return my salute)

WE HAVE ALL BEEN PROGRAMMED.
Realize this and set your mind free from the fetters which are agents of oppression.

Back