This new year.

Work will continue to suck in the US until they start laying off - then it will really suck.

I think Adam's post regarding the ELIMINATION of immigration to his native island will spread across the globe ...

and some people...

will say the glass is half empty.
others will say its half full.
the engineer will say 'Boy I'm glad I put half of my beer in a redundant glass'.

THE new-NEW YEAR!

Well, lets see.....my prediction about movie ticket prices was wrong ;) but some of you guys got close to what happened.

But I think Crunchy Cat got the closest:
"some folks will kill.
some folks will be killed.
some folks will have sex.
some folks will masterbate all year long.
some people will eat cheetos.
some people will hurl after eating cheetos and riding a roller coaster.
some people will pick their noses.
some people will pick other peoples noses.
some people will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
some people will realize that light is a train.
some people will buy pets.
some people will eat pets.
some people will be eaten by their pets."

Yes....I'm sure some people did get eaten by their pets this past year.

There's still a couple weeks left in this year...hopefully nothing horrible will happen in the next few weeks.

Not exactly eaten, but...

Stroke victim chewed on by cats

A Californian stroke victim is recovering in hospital after being chewed on by her cats.

Mae Lowrie, from Panorama City, was found lying on the floor of her apartment after the alarm was raised by concerned neighbours.

The 86-year-old may have been incapacitated for a week, and it's possible the animals bit into her because they were starving.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Jim Wells said the woman had bites on her hands and feet.

Her small, sick terrier also had been attacked. It's believed she had seven cats, reports the Los Angeles Times.

Neighbours said Lowrie had lived alone for about 20 years. They became worried about her after noticing that she hadn't picked up a bag of goods on her doorstep for a number of days.

Story filed: 14:45 Friday 19th December 2003

Back