Theist for God

Yes what?
Yes it is or yes I'm right, and it's not?
(Clue: I'm right).

NMSquirrel,

then this group is for you..
this represents the ideals of what i believe the group should be about.

Two points:

1. if I wanted to be part of a specific group of
theists, i would join a forum which catered for that.

2. the points I brought up can be found in the anti-theist
objections, in a form. The difference is, I'm not playing games, or
simply trying to win an argument, or, being oppressive.

communication without the distractions.

We must learn how to deal with the distractions and interuptions, keeping in mind what is important.

The anti-theists do not have alot to say.
They can only repeat the same things, and we give those things
power by being divided.
Within the repitition of their arguments are embeded, derogatory motifs which have been accepted without question.. I think these are accepted because some religious dogmas, believe it of other religious dogmas, which is why at least on this board we should learn to rise above that.

We should start to learn more about God without the input of religion, and the only way we can do this is to have intelligent philosophical debates and
discussions on scriptoral references, and come to conclusions based on what it says rather than resort back to personal belief.

We should debate and discuss with other theists at least as much as we
do with anti-theists, as there is far more to discuss, and much more to
gain.

jan.

1. if I wanted to be part of a specific group of
theists, i would join a forum which catered for that.
have you found another site,God centered, that doesn't censor their content?
if so,links please.
thats fine if you do not want to join..this isn't some fundie movement..i thought it would just be a good thing for believers to chat with other believers.

We must learn how to deal with the distractions and interuptions, keeping in mind what is important.
which is why you would be a valuable addition to the discussions..

We should start to learn more about God without the input of religion, and the only way we can do this is to have intelligent philosophical debates and
discussions on scriptoral references, and come to conclusions based on what it says rather than resort back to personal belief.
true enough..
but this would be easier(maybe),more productive believer to believer..

We should debate and discuss with other theists at least as much as we
do with anti-theists, as there is far more to discuss, and much more to
gain.
yes..and most of the time here we are debating with anti-theist..not too much discussion between believers..

of course this doesn't address believers willingness to debate other believers..
(i say this cause there hasn't been too much posting as of yet in the group)

I think you would be a good person to lead the discussions..
but it is still your choice..no big if you do not want to join..it would just be a better vehicle to support your ideals..

Well, we're here discussing aren't we?
There have been interruptions, but they haven't disrupted our
conversation.

The truth is we don't have to reply to every anti-theist comment
unless we feel it is relevant to our discussion.

The reason I don't want to be part of a ''theist group'' is because
this site limits us to not being religious, meaning we have to try and rationalise
our position as much as possible. I think this is what we need.

jan.

NMS,

...yes..and most of the time here we are debating with anti-theist..not too much discussion between believers..

Sure, but we don't have to, if they aren't contributing.

of course this doesn't address believers willingness to debate other believers..
(i say this cause there hasn't been too much posting as of yet in the group)

Firstly we have to be able to criticise each others points, based on scriptures, as that is the intellectual medium. And theists have to account for that particular
point without reverting to religion (as much as possible).

I think you would be a good person to lead the discussions..
but it is still your choice..no big if you do not want to join..it would just be a better vehicle to support your ideals..

Out in the open is the best vehicle IMO.

jan.

Explain to me something. Was Jesus God in flesh or the son of god? "Father" Implies being a "Son" are you sure your not getting lost in translation perhaps some deeper meaning. There are alot of consistancies with the bible and astrological events and astrology in general as well as occultist elements like rituals and spells. Tell me something... Why would god be an authoritive figure that causes misery and destroys his own people (The bible) and takes breaks for centuries and eventually ends up destroying the earth.

Why, what the hell is the cause for this narrative? Look outside there is your god it is more vast than a single entity and more vast than just earth and us humans. We cant even explore space yet imagine what will happen when we are able to explore our mind and consciousness it self... god is just idealism Jesus is the shepard your the sheeple hes the carpender mason 33 degrees Jesus died at age 33 the sun sets at 33..... The churches get to select what is shown and not shown why the hell would you take it at face value. Its just contentious thinking man.

Ahhh.... sorry, most don't take it at face value

Doing that comes acroos as weak.
This is a perfect place to break out of that dogmatic thinking
that people of religion always hold on to. The kind of thinking that
stops theistic dialolgue, and creating easy targets for anti-theists to aim at.

It's time for intelligent Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc, to embrace the oneness of God and Spirituality, while keeping their own religious identity.

Real religion is like that. This division what occurrs now is idiotic, and foolish.
So if we can't function in the public eye, what's the point of some underground movement?

The only power anti-theism has, is the division within religion.

jan.

Except no one here wants to be evangelized, in fact its against the rules of this forum so.......

Poor you! And all those ugly, nasty, disgusting non-theists!

You are supposedly the messenger of The Truth, The Highest There Is - and yet you complain about the opposition?!

Does God complain about atheists?

Being God and all I can answer that . No . Atheist have a valid spot in life . God hardened Pharaohs heart . You think He could not Melt Pharaohs heart also .
O.K. here is my take : Atheists replace God notions by practicality. Efficiencies abound in Atheism . So we get a little check list so to speak . As we prove something to be true it becomes God . Like Asq. + Bsq.= Csq. That is a piece of God for a builder . It replaces the old Man imagery for more practical applications in creation . The new God and if you take it to heart you can build upon the notion that Asq. + Bsq. =Csq. is a true and correct statement . Take it to the bank so to speak . Reliable information that can't be shaken away , or thrown to the ground . Indestructible and long lasting eternally. At least in our time continuum at our level of existence.

Atheist were created to test the theists?

atheist can do things that theist wouldn't, God can still utilize the atheist..

Atheist were created to test the theists?

atheist can do things that theist wouldn't, God can still utilize the atheist..

We are all the same, God see's us as people, period. You will be judge as a man, not a fireman, or a doctor. You will be judged as a man, not a father, or on your religion.

Tried to post a 9000 character post thread starter in the group NMSquirrel but found out there is only a miserly 1000 char limit. Is there any way you can expand that to say 10,000 characters?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Tried to post a 9000 character post thread starter in the group NMSquirrel but found out there is only a miserly 1000 char limit. Is there any way you can expand that to say 10,000 characters?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
nope..all i can do is set it for public or moderated..

how to access it;
goto usercp,social group,click on our group,once you get in..bookmark it.

Back