the y chromosome

well metazoans switch between being asexual and sexual. It's kinda retarded. An example would be a worm, which is what many believe all animals to come from.

This is very evident among many metazoans, such as nematodes, and some plants; but I know of no case where a species has become obligate sexual, such as all mammals, and then "regressed" back to being asexual. By emphasizing "regressed," I am leaving myself open to criticism by viewing evolution on a scale where more highly evolved organism can regress into lower. Species evolve to fill an open niche, and sexual species are more adept at filling the particular ecological niche that they are now in. Why should they find it beneficial to become asexual or beneficial or adaptative to loose the Y chromosome completely?

Hmm.
I find it quite distasteful to edit one's post after another user has replied to it. Especially when the original question answered by said user has been completely removed and instead replaced with a bunch of copy-paste.

Oh, well, Valich probably didn't read me anyway. Likely got me on ignore.
If I were a stupid man, I'd follow his example... Muaha!

Back