The Supreme Court on Thursday struck down a federal law called the Stolen Valor Act

I just want to understand something. If you lie on your interview form about anything you are fired from your job not sent to jail, correct? Then why are you talking about jail when the case here was this man being fired for lying not sent to jail.

This man that was fired sued to get his job back because he didn't think that lying about his military record was going to be held against him. But he was fired for just that reason, not sent to jail. His case went to the Supreme Court and they said he can lie and should not have to go to jail . How was jail a part of the crime when he never went to jail?

Last edited:
I just want to understand something. If you lie on your interview form about anything you are fired from your job not sent to jail, correct? Then why are you talking about jail when the case here was this man being fired for lying not sent to jail.

This man that was fired sued to get his job back because he didn't think that lying about his military record was going to be held against him. But he was fired for just that reason, not sent to jail. His case went to the Supreme Court and they said he can lie and should not have to go to jail . How was jail a part of the crime when he never went to jail?
No, he was facing CRIMINAL charges for claiming to be a vet. THAT is what the court said was unconstitutional. This was all explained in the summary that YOU posted in your op. I mean, I'm trying to be polite here, but did you actually read the text of your own post?

The lesson is for all of us, including me and the Three Valleys Municipal Water District Board.
Always demand a source for claims made, and be prepared...before the mouth opens...that the flow of spew that is about to issue forth, is validated with evidence.
It is rude to force others to do your own secretarial groundwork.
This should be the crime to punish.

No, he was facing CRIMINAL charges for claiming to be a vet. THAT is what the court said was unconstitutional. This was all explained in the summary that YOU posted in your op. I mean, I'm trying to be polite here, but did you actually read the text of your own post?

I just misunderstood what the case was about, I thought it was because he was fired not that he had pending criminal charge. Sorry abount that.:(

Back