the shit that doesn't stink

which of the following?

• i think homosexuality is wrong, but incest ok[like wtf?]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scifes

In withdrawal.
Valued Senior Member
homosexuality is supposed to be ok mainly because it's harmless and it's a personal sexual trend/orientation, which is a personal freedom.
why can't the same be said for incest or bestiality if agreed upon by both parts?
why do some people see incest wrong, then go on defending homosexuality with excuses which are applicable to incest and bestiality?

Last edited:
Homosexuality is between consenting adults. Incest cannot be consentual if the young person is underage.

I don't see it as wrong unless they have biological kids. Gross, yes, morally wrong, no.
so you find it disgusting but don't mind others doing it if it suits them?

Homosexuality is between consenting adults. Incest cannot be consentual if the young person is underage.
-what about homosexuality in those who're underage?

-says who that incest can't be consentual if the young person is underage??
young people can decide to have sex with people their age as much as they can decide to have sex with people older than them, sometimes there's even a tendency for the latter..

and i understand from what you said that you think it's ok for a 40 year old father to have sex with his 18.5 years old daughter?

scifes said:
what about homosexuality in those who're underage?
What about it? It's probably legal. It's OK.

scifes said:
-says who that incest can't be consentual if the young person is underage??
Young people cannot legally give consent to fool around with anyone that's not a minor.

scifes said:
young people can decide to have sex with people their age as much as they can decide to have sex with people older than them, sometimes there's even a tendency for the latter..
Not if they are minors.
scifes said:
and i understand from what you said that you think it's ok for a 40 year old father to have sex with his 18.5 years old daughter?
No, because:
1. The product of such a coupling could have genetic issues.
2. There is a problem with the power that a father weilds over his children, making it difficult to give clear consent.
3. I think it is legal however, but it isn't moral.

Between consenting adults, no kind of sexual relationship is anybody else's concern.
In the legal arena, there may be some instances where determining adulthood, competence and freedom of consent are difficult, but i see no reason why either homosexual or incestuous relationships should be considered morally wrong. An act is morally wrong if it causes harm: happy love-making doesn't.

Some religions disapprove of one, some of the other, some of both - very likely depending on the early history of the people who professed each religion. The Old Testament is down on men who lie with other men (I recall no mention of women and women), yet is approving of Lot's daughters, progeny and all. My guess would be that as a small tribe, the Hebrews were jealous of every patriarch's sperm.

As for children born of incest, they're no different from other children. Their viability depends on the original genetic material, and whether there are undesirable recessive traits in the family. Only, the participants have a better chance of knowing what to worry about than if they marry strangers.

Choose your dysfunction?

These sorts of threads are unsettling for the ignorance they suggest. To wit:

Scifes said:

homosexuality is supposed to be ok mainly because it's harmless and it's a personal sexual trend/orientation, which is a personal freedom.

Where do you get that? "Personal sexual trend/orientation"? Is that from the latest Family Research Council paper on the subject?

Homosexuality has existed since before humans were human. It exists in nature. Are gay penguins following a "personal sexual trend/orientation"? Homosexuality is a natural outcome.

I mean, really, let's consider a gay child in the twenty-first century. I guess the parents were part of some secret society, some underground conspiracy, to maintain homosexual bloodlines in society. I mean, I think of a transgendered seven year-old I know, and it never occurred to me that his parents were closet homosexual conspiracy agents, or secret transsexuals.

The controversy over homosexuality is one of persecution and supremacism.

why can't the same be said for incest or bestiality if agreed upon by both parts?
why do some people see incest wrong, then go on defending homosexuality with excuses which are applicable to incest and bestiality?

Explain to me how an animal consents to sexual intercourse.

Should we conclude from your question that you think a Pavlovian outcome, that is, operant conditioning—say, training your chihuahua to want you to stick your penis into it—equals consent? Why not, then, just groom children as sex slaves? I mean, as long as you can condition them to accept the labor, it's consent, right?

As to incest, the issue is a little more complicated. To the one, fine, whatever. To the other, though, people need to re-examine what it is they want and expect of the basic family structure. Sure, incest is, technically, fine with me. If people want to admit they're so pathetic that they can't get a date outside the family, I don't see any reason for me to get involved in their sex lives. However, such an outcome redefines the nuclear family at a fundamental level. Its purpose in and relationship to society changes, and before incest ever becomes legal and acceptable, the society is going to have to figure out what those changes are and how to deal with them.

Now, I'm of the opinion—and you'll find that psychologists more or less agree—that if we simply remove from the family structure the sense of refuge a person experiences and even constructs for themselves within the family unit in order to make incestuous relations more acceptable, we will create and inflame various neurotic dysfunctions.

A practical application: I have a daughter. As the years pass, she will more and more interact with the attitudes in society that judge her according to her sexual worth. Does she have a fine ass? How are her tits? Does she spit or swallow? Is she a screamer, or is she quiet? Does she like being on top? Will she take it up the ass?

It's actually very important to her psychological development and stability that she have a part of the world in which she is exempt from such considerations. The way American society is constructed, family is the best potential for creating and maintaining such a refuge. And that refuge is what people will reject when they resort to incest.

Imagine the people who won't bother to go home for a holiday dinner because they don't want Dad asking them for a blowjob, or a sibling trying to get in their ass.

So the question we encounter in considering incest is, simply, "What is the purpose of the family structure in society?"

All you have to do to legitimize incestuous relationships is redefine the function of the family unit in society.

And, yes, I admit that the fact that one cannot see that looming question—or, in the case of bestiality, the issue of consent—strikes me as indicative of troubling ignorance. Indeed, when trying to figure the relationship between these issues and homosexuality, I find myself wondering whether those who see such links as you suggest are desperate, hateful, or simply stupid.

What, is there another sequel coming?

Spidergoat said:

Hey Tiassa, those penguins were not gay.

Well, what's the movie rated? Can you really have them dancing around in rainbow g-strings and pink-glitter pasties while lip-synching C+C Music Factory? I mean, I thought it was a kids' film.

You know the ones in the zoo? They introduced a female, and one of the males went with her instead.

And the detail says?

Spidergoat said:

You know the ones in the zoo? They introduced a female, and one of the males went with her instead.

Cool. I hadn't heard yet. When did that happen? I mean, sure, I know it's a petty thing to ask for a reference, but if you've got one, I'd love to look into it.

Animals are not gay. It's a silly and unnecessary argument in favor of calling homosexuality in humans natural (which I think it is). I looked for the article in New Scientist where I read it, but their search feature is horrible.

Actually, given nonzero heritability estimates of homosexuality from twin studies, it's exceedingly likely that homosexuality as a life history type occurs in other species. If we want to be really biological about it, numerous animal models have nonreproductive life history types.

Yes, that's the problem

Mr. Hamtastic said:

I always thought homosexuality and incest in nature were mostly out of convenience.

Incest, perhaps.

But here's the thing about homosexuality as convenience: The woman says, "Ah, if only I could find a man to fuck. Oh, well. There aren't enough men who want to have sex with women. I guess I'll just go find a woman, since it's easier to find a lazy lesbian to chow my box than find a virile, heterosexual man to nail me."

I would hope the logical problem there would be apparent.

But who knows? Maybe the problem is that men just need to be more aggressive about getting laid.

But... doesn't that imply that rape is a good, important part of natural sexual tendencies?

"There's too many women munching each other's boxes, I'll go stick my cock in one and maybe she'll decide she likes it"?

You tell us

Mr. Hamtastic said:

But... doesn't that imply that rape is a good, important part of natural sexual tendencies?

"There's too many women munching each other's boxes, I'll go stick my cock in one and maybe she'll decide she likes it"?

I don't know; it's your argument.

I'm just trying to not laugh openly at it. I can't figure whether you're being sarcastic or serious.

Either way, I can only take it seriously to a point.

All you have to do to legitimize incestuous relationships is redefine the function of the family unit in society.

I think we can keep the family structure and function and simply make exceptions in the case of consenting adults who want to practise incest.

It's not as if it's catching. Most people don't wish to fuck their brother/sister.

Back