The Second Coming

Katazia said:
Okinrus,

Excellent - since they are all slightly differnt to each other then your statement means they will ALL be destroyed - at last the end of Christianity. Something worth celibrating.
Kat
M*W: Kat, this is truly the Good News! I'll bring the champagne, and humanity shall rejoice for all eternity!!!

I don't believe in the second coming of a man (Jesus or whomever it might be), but I do believe in the "enlightment" of the human race.

Those are my beliefs as well. I don't believe in a second coming with all sorts of hocus pocus or anything like that, but I believe in an enlightenment of the human race. Some day, something profound will happen that will change our outlooks on life. Whether it's a scientific discovery, aliens arriving, our planet about to be destroyed, something will slap the silly mythology outta our minds and wake us up.

- N

Neildo said:
Those are my beliefs as well. I don't believe in a second coming with all sorts of hocus pocus or anything like that, but I believe in an enlightenment of the human race. Some day, something profound will happen that will change our outlooks on life. Whether it's a scientific discovery, aliens arriving, our planet about to be destroyed, something will slap the silly mythology outta our minds and wake us up. - N
M*W: This is what I believe. I foresee it as an awakening, like when a light bulb goes off in our head. This knowledge has been there for all existence, but when that light goes on, and we awaken from our sleep throughout the darkness of human evolution, we will see that man-made religions were only created to explain that which we couldn't see, understand or explain.

Hmm, I kinda get impatient if the second cuming doesn't come in seconds - oops wrong forum.

battig1370 said:
The Alpha and Omega spoke to John about Him that overcometh who will be the Lamb of the Second Coming, the King to come.
M*W: This is a lengthy post to answer, but I shall try.
"He that overcometh, -- to him will I give power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron;" -- even as I received of my Father." - (Rev.2:27).
M*W: Jesus is speaking here about his progeny. He is the Alpha, and his progeny will be the Omega. He who "overcomes" the lamb will be the son(child) of the Lamb. You must understand here that Jesus was NOT born December 25, he was born a Capricorn. (There was a song in the 70s entitled "Jesus was a Capricorn.") The "lamb" refers to the constellation Aries. That is when Jesus was born, therefore, he is called the "lamb." (Son of a ram, etc.) The "rod of iron" refers to "knowledge" as in education, the "learning" about spiritual matters.
"He that overcometh, --- I will not bot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." - (Rev.3:5)
M*W: This means to me that Jesus was referring to "knowledge." When one overcomes the lies of Christianity, he will be one with Jesus and his creator.
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" - (Rev.3:21).
M*W: Overcoming ignorance is what Jesus is asking for. When you overcome ignorance, you will be able to sit with him and our creator for eternity.
"I will give unto him that is a thirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; I will be his God, and he shall be my Son."-(Rev.21:6-7)
M*W: The One Spirit of God through Jesus will spiritually quench the thirst in all creation. That's what he means by saying "ye shall inherit the Earth."
All the above verses the speaker is Jesus the Alpha and Omega that said, "my Father", so the Alpha and Omega is Jesus, the Son of his Father.
M*W: Again, the Alpha is Jesus, the Omega are his progeny, the sons of his father.
Here, Jesus spoke about Him that overcometh;
-- shall be given power over the nations; and He shall rule them with a rod of iron; (EDUCATION)
-- will be granted to sit with Jesus in his throne, as Jesus is sat down with his Father in his throne; (HIS PROGENY)
-- shall be the Son of Jesus the Alpha and Omega that shall inherit all things, as Jesus is the Son of his Father. (JESUS' CHILDREN)
M*W: The progeny of Jesus will provide eternal life to humanity, because they are a part of it.
Him that overcometh is the Lamb of the Second Coming who was found worthy to open, and to read the book, and He is the One that took the book out of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne who is Jesus the Alpha and Omega (Rev.5:2-7)
M*W: Jesus overcame the crucifixion and sired children with MM. Therefore, he speaks of the "second coming" which refers to his natural children and their coming to Earth through their mother MM. The "throne" Jesus speaks of is his dynasty.
I do not know of anyone that has ever spoke or written about this before. Do you know anyone that has spoke or written about what is said above?
M*W: I have written of this herein. These are my beliefs. This Jesus is not the Jesus of Christianity but the Jesus of the One Spirit of God -- unlike the Jesus of Paul.
Peace be with you, Paul

battig1370 said:
Hello everybody,

There are many that don't believe anything about the First Coming, and
the Second Coming to come. Some say the Second Coming came already.
But among those that believe in such occurances there is a lot of
discussion about the Second Coming. One may ask, why is the Second Coming nessessary?

THE SECOND COMING? --- Among christians, there is a lot of
discussion about the Second Coming. The big question is, who is going
to welcome the Second Coming? Would it be the Western and/or Eastern
Catholics, the Atheist, the Mormons, the Jehovah Wittness, the Amish,
the Quakers? the Baptists, the Seven Day Advents, the Pentecostals,
the Anglicans, the Mennonites, the Faith and/or Trinity Lutherans,
the Hutterites, and the list goes on and on? There are over 1,000
Christian faith groups in North America alone. Are the Jewish people
going to welcome the Second Coming, when as of yet they have not
accepted the First Coming? What about the people of all the other
religions of the world, are they going to welcome the Second Coming?
Are the religious of any religion, denomination or sects going to
welcome the Second Coming? From what is written, the kings of the
earth and their armies and those that worship the beast will not
welcome the Second Coming. When the First Coming came ---> Jesus was
not received very kindly by the religious and powerful of his day.
The chief priests and officers answered to Pilate, "We have a law, and
by our law He ought to die, because He made himself the Son of God" -
(John 19:7). When the Second Coming comes, Jesus the Alpha and Omega who sits upon the throne of his Father, and the Lamb who is He that overcometh, even as Jesus overcame will come with wrath. "--- hide us from the face of Him that sitteth upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of his wrath is come: and who shall be able to stand?

Peace be with you, Paul

Battig do you know about the "catching up" also known as the "rapture". It is believed that there will be no followers of The Messiah On earth to welcome Him because all His Followers will be transformed into their new bodies and caught up into the clouds either at the second coming or just before.

It is recorded that the Jewish people will mourn when they see Him coming in the clouds. because they will know who He is and they will know that they rejected Him. As for the rest of the world they will be in great fear at the coming of the Messiah.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

§outh§tar said:
It is written in scripture:

Matthew 7
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

OBVIOUSLY "that day" has NOT come! It can't get any clearer than that.

Don't most Christians believe that in order to go to 'heaven' you must accept Jesus as your 'savior'? I went to a Evangelical Christian school for two years, and this is the message that was always portrayed. None of this "Works gets you into heaven" mumbo-jumbo. Which is it?

I agree that the second coming is a load of crap. There is no way to prove that there was a first coming, much less that there will be a second. If something like this does happen, I tend to believe along the lines of what MedicineWoman said.

Adstar said:
Battig do you know about the "catching up" also known as the "rapture". It is believed that there will be no followers of The Messiah On earth to welcome Him because all His Followers will be transformed into their new bodies and caught up into the clouds either at the second coming or just before.

It is recorded that the Jewish people will mourn when they see Him coming in the clouds. because they will know who He is and they will know that they rejected Him. As for the rest of the world they will be in great fear at the coming of the Messiah.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

This may be a bit off topic, but can you not see how illogical and ignorant that sounds?

Tranformed into their new bodies? :bugeye:
Caught up in the clouds? :bugeye:
The Jews, The Chosen Ones, being rejected or scorned? :bugeye:

As for the last part, if I am around, I can assure you that I will not be in 'great fear' at the second coming of the messiah.

Who would welcome a 2nd Coming of Christ.

Actually there are some very Ecumenically Minded people out there. Many of the Contemplative Catholic Religious Orders see themselves in close relationship to the Sufi and the Sanskrit Tradition Mystical Traditions. As far as the Jews go, one needs to differentiate between the Zionists whose Religion has become Real Estate, and those whose attention to Mysticism forces them to recognize a Unity with the rest of Mankind (instead of insisting upon being the New Master Race).

I had a vision in which I was told that the Three Higher Religions would be brought to a new Dispensation which would quench their long suffering thirst. I should have had the presence of mind to ask the Angels just what these Three Higher Religions were. I guess that they are Catholicism, Islam, and the Sanskrit Traditions. Judaism had rejected Christ, and Protestantism had rejected Christ's Church, and they are both Religions without any sign of Saint or Miracle. Catholicism, Islam, and the Sanskrit Religions are not overwhelmed with Saints and Miracles -- they are in fact dieing of thirst as the Angels said -- but these Three Religions at least have a History of Saints and Miraculous Verifications that they are indeed Trees of Good Fruit.

Adstar said:
The idea of a "rapture" isn't Biblical. It's based on a misunderstanding of the text and popularized by authors like Tim la Haye. The only people who will already be with the Lord when He returns are those who have died. Their bodies will be resurrected when He comes, "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven ... and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them..." (1 Thess. 4:16-17). How can there be any "who are still alive and are left" to be caught up, if there has been a "rapture" of the living? The Bible makes it clear that this is a once and final event.

The Bible says "all the nations of the earth will mourn" (Matt. 24:30 and Rev.1:7). It does not destinguish between Gentiles and Jews, except to say that both are bound to disobedience. Only those who have rejected God's salvation have something to fear.
I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

And so all Israel will be saved [Jewish and "Gentile" Israel]... As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.
Romans 11
In other words, just because Jews oppose Christians it doesn't mean they oppose God. They might still be obedient, and God's covenant with them is still valid. We have only been included in it, by His mercy - not because we're "special" and they're not.
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

Last edited:
The idea of a "rapture" isn't Biblical. It's based on a misunderstanding of the text and popularized by authors like Tim la Haye. The only people who will already be with the Lord when He returns are those who have died. Their bodies will be resurrected when He comes, "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven ... and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them..." (1 Thess. 4:16-17). How can there be any "who are still alive and are left" to be caught up, if there has been a "rapture" of the living? The Bible makes it clear that this is a once and final event.

It helps to read a post before replying to it. I said:
His Followers will be transformed into their new bodies and caught up into the clouds either at the second coming or just before.

Even the scriptures you quoted confirm the catching up:
"we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them."

The following scripture describes the cathching up/rapture better.

1 Corrinthians15: 49,54
49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Here Paul is saying that as we inhabit earthly bodies derived from dust so shall we inhabit new bodies changed and not made of dust. Paul goes on to explain why:

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

So the bodies that we inhabit cannot enter the Kingdom of God and also "corruption" dead bodies must also be changed also. Then Paul reveals a mystery:

51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

So Paul is saying that "we shall not all sleep" now I hope everyone can agree that he is talking about physical death here? Paul is saying not everyone will experience physical death. He goes on to say that "we shall all be changed" both the dead and the living "in a moment", now at this point it could be argued that both the dead and the living could be changed in a moment in time, but at different times. That is to say the moment is only referring to the time it takes to change, not at the same moment. But we read on and Paul states the moment will be. "in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet." So not only shall both the living and the dead be changed to inherit the Kingdom of God But they will both change at the same moment, at the last trumpet. As He goes on to say "For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." Paul goes on to explain it in more detail:

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory.

So here again we see Paul referring to the two states of being that the saints will be in at the time of the 1st Resurrection/Rapture "So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality," Dead saints and living saints caught up together in a twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet.

So from what I have read the first resurrection and the rapture (although different experiences for them that take part) will happen at the same instant in time at the last trumpet.

So now we go on to the next scripture:

Revelation10: 7

7but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

Now the sounding of the seventh Angel is the last of a series of seven trumpets in revelation. Note that the scripture says the "Mystery of God would be finished" now the coming of the Messiah has been described by scripture at a coming in the sky (a darkened sky) and all people will see Him. Now after this event there will be on ifs or buts about the Mystery of God because all will see that God is and who He is. Everyone will know from that moment on, there will be no Mystery left. As for the darkening of the sky this is described as happening beforehand on the sounding of the forth trumpet:

Revelation 8
12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi, I don't know why it is neccessary for the Second Comming in Christianity, but I will tell you why it is important in Islam.

First of all Muslims don't believe that Jesus rose on the three day and three night part.

We believe Jesus will come toward and close to the End Times

This is the List of Things that he will do. (Not is order)

1. Tell the People what the true Religion is.
2. Kill the Dajjal (Anti-Christ)
3. Kill Yajoj and Majoj (Don't know the names in English, sorry)

I think this is all, but there might be more which I don't recall right now.

Back