Approval Rating?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Eh..

Depends on the meds..

My mother fell and broke her arm at the start of this month and the pain meds they put her on has caused full blown dementia. Today's hospital visit saw her lift up the blankets covering her legs and thinking her legs were a set of drawers and she went through the full motion of 'opening and closing' said drawers with her hands (by doing the motions in the air in front of her), and even rummaging in these imaginary drawers for her nighties and pyjamas as her doctor and I looked on in shock. Then she turned around, looked out the window of the 5th floor hospital room and asked me why the rock in the front garden was walking so strangely across the grass.. This comes between bouts of anger, paranoia, delusions, hysterical crying for no reason, delirium, inability to recognise her own name or even write or read, loss of all spatial awareness, abuse, threats, attempts to bite and hit me..

Maybe it should be a case of 'get off the meds'.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Do the docs think she will come back when they can reduce the medication?

My father (92, in a nursing home) broke his hip on Christmas Day and was for a while on morphine, after the operation they gave him on Boxing Day. He's off it now but still, I think, groggier than before.

However friend Bowser has either gone bonkers or is pretending to have done. (I think I saw something suggesting you incline to the latter interpretation.)

However friend Bowser has either gone bonkers or is pretending to have done. (I think I saw something suggesting you incline to the latter interpretation.)
As do I.
But in Bowser's case, I consider it self-evident enough (since he pretty much gave us a heads-up a while back ) as to be harmless.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Do the docs think she will come back when they can reduce the medication?

My father (92, in a nursing home) broke his hip on Christmas Day and was for a while on morphine, after the operation they gave him on Boxing Day. He's off it now but still, I think, groggier than before.

Bells:

So what happened to Sancho?

Back