The Religious Atheist

You cannot be without a belief in deity unless you are brain dead or too feral for abstract cognition. Everyone who lives in society has a belief in a deity. They believe there is one, or they believe there isn't one.

Would you care to elaborate on this please?

Are you saying that atheists are "brain dead or too feral for abstract cognition" because we do not believe in a deity?:bugeye:

I live in society and do not have a belief in a deity. Does that mean I am brain dead? Feral maybe? I can assure you, I wash and do not view myself as being feral. And the fact that I am able to type this message indicates that I am not brain dead. Or are you going to claim that I do not live "in society", but outside of it?

Your statement that everyone who lives in society has a belief in a deity is obviously wrong, due to the simple fact that there are so many atheists who live in society. Or do you have proof that everyone who lives in society is a theist in some form or other?

You cannot be without a belief in deity unless you are brain dead or too feral for abstract cognition. Everyone who lives in society has a belief in a deity. They believe there is one, or they believe there isn't one.

Also angels do not have a form in Islam, they are elements of the air, as jinn are elements of fire and human beings are elements of earth.

So, one is "brain dead" if they DON'T believe in bits and pieces of the air are filled with angels and demons are in fires. Too funny, Sam.

And, by NOT believing in your mythology is supposed to be acknowledged as a belief? LOL.

Atheists have a belief there is no deity. It's usually helpful to follow a discussion in it's entirety

Atheists have a belief there is no deity. It's usually helpful to follow a discussion in it's entirety

Atheists are merely non-accepting to the myth and superstitions from deluded theists. It's usually helpful not to be deluded.

When both sides disagree based on nothing but the acceptance of cognitive content as true in the absence of evidence, they are both beliefs.

You could of course support your belief in a noncausal universe by demonstrating it through your actions, if only to be more consistent in your beliefs

When both sides disagree based on nothing but the acceptance of cognitive content as true in the absence of evidence, they are both beliefs.

That could then be said about anything conjured from the imaginative, which is of course pure bs.

You could of course support your belief in a noncausal universe by demonstrating it through your actions, if only to be more consistent in your beliefs

You can't support your belief. The rest is irrelevant. Case closed.

But if you believe that everything happens for no reason, you don't need a reason for anything

You're asking me to support my belief; but you claim to believe that everything happens for no reason.

That's internally inconsistent

Religion is organized spirituality. Spirituality concerns mankind and their relationship to the universe, it's meaning or lack of same, or the inner life of the mind.

Belief in a diety or supernatural construct is not necessary to have an interest in the spiritual.

And when one side lacks said cognitive content, and so doesn't even disagree with the other in the first place?

You're asking me to support my belief; but you claim to believe that everything happens for no reason.

That's internally inconsistent

I have no idea what you're talking about. Nada. Zip.

And, I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about, either.

They have no concept of a deity? No cognitive content associated with it?

Then we should not be hearing anything from them on the topic.

They have no concept of a deity? No cognitive content associated with it?

Then we should not be hearing anything from them on the topic.

And indeed we aren't.

The issue is that we keep hearing things from you about them: that they either don't count as atheists, or else that they somehow actively disbelieve in entities they have no concept of.

And indeed we aren't.

The issue is that we keep hearing things from you about them: that they either don't count as atheists, or else that they somehow actively disbelieve in entities they have no concept of.
On the contrary, they have very clear concepts of the entities that they disbelieve in.

Many are quite up to date (in a misinformed sort of way) on a host of social and historical issues that surround the claim.

Last edited:
Back