The rejection of euthanasia is illogical

True, Oli.

As it is JDawg loves to talk out of his ass just as much as Norsefire does. But at least the latter doesn't always bash other people's intelligence. Kudos to that.

Um. not quite totally false.
For example in Russian the word "krasny" means red AND beautiful, simply because at one time red was deemed to be the most beautiful colour.
(Er, subject to contrary data of course, that's what I was told by my Russian teacher).
Precisely, and kind of like Ireland, the Emerald Isle, is assocated with "green"

Except yours and the China example are better

True, Oli.

As it is JDawg loves to talk out of his ass just as much as Norsefire does. But at least the latter doesn't always bash other people's intelligence. Kudos to that.
Well, I don't think I talk out of my ass........but thanks, I guess

Um. not quite totally false.
For example in Russian the word "krasny" means red AND beautiful, simply because at one time red was deemed to be the most beautiful colour.
(Er, subject to contrary data of course, that's what I was told by my Russian teacher).

Um, actually, it is a totally false premise.

First, "red" and "beautiful" no longer share the word "krasny".

Second, I'm not arguing that man has found certain colors to be quite beautiful. Of course they have. I think in most cultures, the colors they revere the most are the ones that are abundant. After all, it's our eyes that adjusted to the colors being reflected, not the other way around.

But his premise is that "everyone likes the same color" is false, and the assertion that it in any way compares to how humans feel about murder is total bullshit. It's apples and oranges. What colors we find appealing is not the same as how we instinctively protect our species, and to attempt to use that as an argument is ridiculous. The sad part is that he doesn't see a problem with it. He doesn't see that the two are totally unrelated, and that offering that as a counter argument is absolute garbage.

I guess I just have no patience for people who come to internet forums to talk nonsense. Ask Norse what his college degree is in. Better yet, ask him if he even finished high school. I want to know what behavioral sciences he's studied.

Last edited:
Back