The Reason I Don't Like Religion

Yonescoh

Registered Member
The reason why I, personally, don't like religion is very simple. Religious people don't question what they are told. Why do religious people do that?

Having said that, I've known religious people who question their religion so that they can learn more about it. Those are the smarter ones. ;)

That's the best reason I've ever heard to not like religious people.

IUt is hard to question absolute faith. There is nothing that states a religious person has to blindly follow their religion on every aspect.

I can offer a striking parallel but lets leave that ace in the hole.

true faith is not being afraid to ask questions and earnestly search for objective truth.

The reason why I, personally, don't like religion is very simple. Religious people don't question what they are told. Why do religious people do that?

Haven't you heard about the letters that Mother Theresa wrote about her life of religious faith? She's far from being the only one who questions their faith. In fact, I'd venture to guess that most people question it at times.

Baron Max

That's the best reason I've ever heard to not like religious people.

One doesn't have to have a reason to dislike or hate someone else. You can hate anyone you'd like, any time you want, without reasons.

Baron Max

One doesn't have to have a reason to dislike or hate someone else. You can hate anyone you'd like, any time you want, without reasons.

Baron Max

Really?
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=71024
Post 17

So, then, why are you running your mouth giving me shit about my lack of tolerance of people who eat dogs? Seems like I could hate those people w/o hearing about it from people like you.

Baron Max

Did I say anything contradicting than that? Just because you don't have to have a reason, that doesn't mean that any reasonable person wouldn't.

Don't you have faith in science?

Faith is the absolute conviction of something being true.
If you add the words "without evidence" then you're correct.
Science doesn't require faith - it's demonstrable.

Don't you have faith in science?

Faith is the absolute conviction of something being true. Do you have absolute conviction that science is true?

Science isn't true all of the time for it too will be disproven from time to time. Faith is only a belief in something you think is true but has nothing factually to back it up.

Ok, let me redefine.

Faith is the absolute conviction of something being true before it has been materilized.

Ok, let me redefine.

Faith is the absolute conviction of something being true before it has been materilized.
Faith is the nemesis of logic, Faith is the destroyer of science and progress, Faith is the slaughterer of freedom, Faith is the destructor of individuality, Faith is the fountainhead of ignorance, Faith is the procreator of intolerance.

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable. A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass; he is actually ill."
H.L. Mencken

Faith is the nemesis of logic, Faith is the destroyer of science and progress, Faith is the slaughterer of freedom, Faith is the destructor of individuality, Faith is the fountainhead of ignorance, Faith is the procreator of intolerance.

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable. A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass; he is actually ill."
H.L. Mencken

hey mustafa

this is a bit harsh isnt it???

~~~~~~~~~~~
take it ez
zak

Last edited:
"For ages, a deadly conflict has been waged between a few brave men and women of thought and genius upon the one side, and the great ignorant religious mass on the other. This is the war between Science and Faith. The few have appealed to reason, to honor, to law, to freedom, to the known, and to happiness here in this world. The many have appealed to prejudice, to fear, to miracle, to slavery, to the unknown, and to misery hereafter. The few have said, "Think!" The many have said, "Believe!" [The Gods, 1872]

Back