The possibility of making consciousness!

Being Dutch, he mistranslated your English, thinking "makes red blood cells" = "makes blood cells red" and then, when his error is pointed out, he argues all kinds of shit rather than admitting he misconstrued what you said. He's a jerk.
This is a civilized discussion, especially by someone who insist on absolute accuracy in a science forum?
The gentlemen protests too much , methinks.

No one, in the history of Creation, ever said copper makes hemoglobin red.
You said copper is used in making red blood cells. When you you are anemic they don't prescribe copper, they prescribe iron to restore your blood.
Reporting for trolling.
Coward! Can't stand a taste of your own medicine, can you?

My posts were perfectly justified. You just don't like to be corrected. After all that is reserved for you to do to others.

Last edited:
Copper is needed for making blood cells. It is not responsible for the redness of hemoglobin.
FINALLY! Success at last!
When you you are anemic they don't prescribe copper, they prescribe iron to restore your blood.
And then you go right back to this nonsense. You'd do much better to use these topics as an incentive to do some research, rather than trying so hard to sound like the smartest guy in the room.

"Copper deficiency can lead to problems with connective tissue, muscle weakness, anemia, low white blood cell count, neurological problems, and paleness."

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/ency...ontenttypeid=167&contentid=total_copper_blood

Last edited:
I said "it helps make red blood cells".
That is NOT what you said....you are lying.
Very not true.
This should be trivially obvious, knowing that
- copper (used to make red blood cells) is element 29
- zinc (a vital micronutrient) is element 30,
- iodine is element 53,

After my cautionary post, all you needed to say is

Mechanism of Copper Uptake from Blood Plasma Ceruloplasmin by Mammalian Cells.
Danny Ramos, David Mar,# Michael Ishida,# Rebecca Vargas,‡ Michaella Gaite,‡ Aaron Montgomery, and Maria C. Linder*

Introduction
Copper is a trace element required for a wide variety of enzymatic reactions critical to most living cells and for the functions of an ever-growing number of other proteins, especially in mammals, whose function is less understood [115].
Examples include cytochrome c oxidase (in electron transport) critical to aerobic respiration and oxidative phosphorylation; dopamine monooxygenase, on the pathway for production of catecholamines; peptidyl glycine alpha hydroxylating monooxygenase (PAM), which modifies neurohypophyseal peptide hormones; lysyl oxidase, necessary for maturation of extracellular collagen and elastin; tyrosinase, which catalyzes the polymerization of tyrosine metabolites to form melanin, in melanocytes; and intra and extracellular Cu/Zn superoxide dismutases (SOD1 and 3) and ceruloplasmin which help to neutralize reactive oxygen species [1,11,15,16,17].
Ceruloplasmin (Cp) the main Cu-containing blood plasma protein also has other functions. These include the ability to oxidize Fe(II) (ferroxidase activity)–implicated in the mediation of iron efflux from certain cells [18], and the oxidative inactivation of NO [12] and some biogenic amines (like catecholamines and serotonin) [1,13,1922]. In addition, there is long-standing evidence that the copper in Cp enters tissues and cells (see later), implying it is a copper transport protein in the circulation.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4774968/

And then you go right back to this nonsense. You'd do much better to use these topics as an incentive to do some research, rather than trying so hard to sound like the smartest guy in the room. And copper
"Copper deficiency can lead to problems with connective tissue, muscle weakness, anemia, low white blood cell count, neurological problems, and paleness."
Yes.
And Copper toxicity can have severe health effects, such as: kidney failure. heart failure. loss of red blood cells.

Copper toxicity
can lead to various symptoms , including:

• stomach pain.
  • nausea and vomiting.
  • diarrhea.
  • blue- or green-colored stool.
  • dark, sticky stool containing blood.
  • headache.
  • dizziness.
  • fatigue
https://www.healthline.com/health/copper-toxicity

But when you have anemia, Dr. prescribes "iron", not copper.
And then you go right back to this nonsense. You'd do much better to use these topics as an incentive to do some research, rather than trying so hard to sound like the smartest guy in the room.
I do research and I am not trying to be the smartest guy in the room. I only try to inform what I consider worth knowing by the few hundred guests constantly browsing the forum.

I explained my "minor correction" which unnecessarily turned into another war, because someone's ego was bruised. That ego wasn't mine.

You said copper is used in making red blood cells. When you you are anemic they don't prescribe copper, they prescribe iron to restore your blood.
You are deliberately trolling.

Your involvement is destructive to intelligent discourse.

Reported.

Last edited:
Back to the topic. This may be of interest,

Mark Solms 45/3 WHAT IS CONSCIOUSNESS?
Indeed, Semir Zeki, one of the leading neurophysiologists of our time, recently wrote the following in relation to visual perception: colour is the end product of two comparisons: the first one consists of comparing the reflectance of different surfaces for light of the same waveband, thus generating the lightness record of the scene for that waveband, and the second consists of comparing the three lightness records of the scene for the different wavebands, thus generating the colour.
Colour is therefore a comparison of comparisons. . . . The comparisons and their results are a property of the brain, not of the outside world, even if all the information needed to undertake the comparisons is contained in the world outside. Colour then becomes a property of the brain, a property with which it invests the surfaces outside, an interpretation which it gives to certain physical properties of objects . . . and through which it gains a knowledge about those physical properties [1993, pp. 235–236; emphasis added].
According to this way of thinking—which to my mind is unavoidable— our perceptual impression of the world as composed of such and such physical objects occupying such and such relative positions is a construction of the mental apparatus, derived from constant conjunctions of stimuli of different types, which arrive at the external sensory surfaces and are subjected to particular algorithms. The external world is in itself unknowable.
This is precisely what Anil Seth proposes with his hypothesis of ;

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality | Anil Seth

Mod Note

It is not the copper that makes red blood cells , it is the iron (hemoglobin) that makes the blood cells red, not the copper.
He never said it was.

He clearly said that it helps make red blood cells.

He does not say it helps make the red blood cells red.

But you accuse him of doing so and you then proceeded to throw an entire thread off topic because of it. Not to mention making off-topic statements in response to something just for the sake of it.

It's trolling, pure and simple. I would suggest you cut it out.

But when you have anemia, Dr. prescribes "iron", not copper.
Not if the cause is copper deficiency. Then iron will do nothing. Which is why doctors go to medical school to learn medicine, rather than reading about it on the Internet.

Look, you are just embarrassing yourself now. You were wrong. No big deal; it happens to us all. Accept it and move on. Your ego will recover. This attempt to spin the conversation to make you retroactively right is just silly.

Back