The Nobel Prize just went down the crapper

It proves that Geoff knows that he's wrong, anyway.

Now, I think that the alleged top authority on global warming would be able to come up with a presentation that wasn't riddled with errors. That's eleven errors and still counting.

It proves that Geoff knows that he's wrong, anyway.

Now, I think that the alleged top authority on global warming would be able to come up with a presentation that wasn't riddled with errors. That's eleven errors and still counting.

He's not even allegedly the top authority. If you are genuinely interested in the science, that would be fine, but in this case, people just have a political interest in smearing Gore.

sniffy:
No they say you're fucked and you're going to die. unless you can get the antidote (aka chemotherapy/radiotherapy) the scientists came up with to challenge this disease and give you a little bit longer to spend with your family. And your point mountainhare is? oh yea, right. Cleva ain't ya?

Umm, I think you need to reread what I wrote.

I'm sure that the cancer cells in the left lung say something similar when they want to metastasize to the bone

Originally Posted by S.A.M.
I think his point is moving to another planet is not a solution since it does not take care of the basic problem.

Pretty much...

So now, according to the climate skeptics, the Nobel Prize committee are all a bunch of deluded liberal politicians with no respect for science.

Surprise surprise.

When are these people going to get with the programme?

So now, according to the climate skeptics, the Nobel Prize committee are all a bunch of deluded liberal politicians with no respect for science.

Surprise surprise.

When are these people going to get with the programme?

ummm James R...according to you who is it exactly that needs to get down with the programme? the climate skeptics or Nobel prize committee

it is unclear to me were you stand on this issue.

ummm James R...according to you who is it exactly that needs to get down with the programme? the climate skeptics or Nobel prize committee

it is unclear to me were you stand on this issue.

I think he's stating that Politicians should stick to politics, because at least that's only one thing they mess up rather than everything else.

My arguement on the subject would be that Gore supposedly was concerned with the Environment PRIOR to ever considering a political role. For people to turn around and mar the man and of course those that make up the Nobel committee proves just how uneducated they really are on the subject.

(For the most part Nobel prizes are Life Achievements, Since when have Politicians managed to stay in office for their entire lives? No, this prize wasn't awarded because of some political rhetoric but because of what's been done to wake people up to footprints on the Environment we make.)

Anyhow if it was just about politics why not just go with the usual:
"We'll make the documents on Roswell public" (This ones been overused IMHO)

I do believe it! This dude who won Nobel Prize is serious...it is time to leave the planet!

And screw up another? I think not. We have managed to cause climate change in the very brief period of our history just since the Industrial Revolution, so unless only a select few could go to another planet, it wouldn't be long before we screwed that one up to.

Also, any planet capable of hosting life, probably is, so we don't really have the right to go mess with their ecosystem.

Also, who is going to pay for the select few to leave? What interest do I have in some jet jockeys starting a new life on a new planet if I get left behind to mop up the mess?

So nobody gets to run away. We must stay and face up to what we have done.

Back