The natural history of the future(predicting evolution)

supposing a neo doens't hit earth, the oceans don't boil away, humans don't destroy the world with wmd, and humans correct any change with medical science because change is obviously baaaad baaaad baaaaaaaaaad.
i would be interested to see what happens to chimps. will they become more advanced and capable of living in intricately social communities? will they teach their children a complex written and spoken language? will they be able to interact with humans beyond the pet/captive-owner relationship?

i've also thought in some depth about neanderthals and how they co-existed with homo sapiens. what if both races survived and lived along side each other today? i want to send my idea to michael crichton cause he seems to do a good job with realistic scifi.

Neanderthals did not have the cunning or ingenuity of Homo sapiens and were killed off (or breed off) Chimps will die to if humens don't die off first.

If we breed new forms of sentient life can we honorarily adopt them into the human race? (letting them vote, hold jobs, and have civil rights?)

I can list a dozen life forms halfway to sapience as it is. Some non-human primates I would allready classify as sapient. (Several species of higher primates have learned sign language and abstract thought and can teach them to offspring. Not geniuses but smarter than many highly retarted people who are still classified as sapient.)

Back