The morals of sexuality

Rowen

Registered Senior Member
I do not understand why people feel the ethical/moral need to hide or if not hide stigma their sexuality? Why do people surround such a basic human need to such stigma and seriousnes? People tend to allow sexual factors to reach explosive exageration.

Just a passing thought.

Freedom is what I am concerned with.

Rowen

Sex and power are inextricably linked, as are (duh!) sex and reproduction. Any culture will want its members and its slaves or whatever permanent underclass it has to be regulated in these two areas.

Sex is one of the most basic expressions of dominence and submission, besides fighting, that exists in the human mind. To keep a people under their culture's thumb, as it were, the culture will control this most simple manifestation of power.

It need not be said that the bearing and raising of children is essential to a culture's wellbeing. Control the urge that leads to children, you begin to control the family. And the family is the bedrock of a culture.

(Hope this makes sense, I haven't had enough coffee yet to function like a normal human :) )

Experience. You can love a person passionately and feel more for them than you thought was possible to feel for another human without ever fucking them, and you can fuck someone's brains out and feel very little, if anything, for them.

I'm not saying that sex and love are incompatible. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be confused. :)

I guess this comes up becasue Im feeling very existentialist right now. I hate societies confinements and taboos.

I agree people should stop associating sex with love. And people should stop thinking of sexuality in terms of serious love. People should overall lighten up and enjoy themselves. Who cares if someone is horny or dirty or sexually promiscuous. I guess that was my biggest point. Why do people make it out to be something so serious. Why should someone wait for a while after being dumped to find someone else and have a bit of casual fun?

Rowen

By the way Im very good at taking temperatures adam...Tee hee
Turn your head and cough now please.;)

Originally posted by Xev
Experience. You can love a person passionately and feel more for them than you thought was possible to feel for another human without ever fucking them, and you can fuck someone's brains out and feel very little, if anything, for them.

I'm not saying that sex and love are incompatible. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be confused. :)

Experience is the only thing that can really teach you otherwise. I really hope you do have such an experience. Otherwise, that's kinda sad.

Originally posted by Rowen

By the way Im very good at taking temperatures adam...Tee hee
Turn your head and cough now please.;)

The rubber... um, thing you sent is very constricting...

Originally posted by Adam
Experience is the only thing that can really teach you otherwise. I really hope you do have such an experience. Otherwise, that's kinda sad.

Adam assumes that if someone doesn't agree with his moral values it could only be because they haven't had the experience to do so. Rather pathetic.

Rowen:
I agree people should stop associating sex with love. And people should stop thinking of sexuality in terms of serious love. People should overall lighten up and enjoy themselves. Who cares if someone is horny or dirty or sexually promiscuous. I guess that was my biggest point. Why do people make it out to be something so serious. Why should someone wait for a while after being dumped to find someone else and have a bit of casual fun?

Precisely.

Adam:

How is it sad that I can love without having to fuck?

I don't demand sex in order to feel something for the person I love. My emotions are based on more than a brief ecstacy of pleasure dredged like a pheonix from the depths of indescribable agony. There are a thousant more sublime feelings than the brief neurochemical wash of an orgasm.

I do not love because my lover is useful for me. I love because of my partner's mind, their quirks, their nauseating flaws and their sublime strengths.

Unlike you, I actually care for my lover as a human, not as a sentient sex toy.

I feel sorry for you. Someday, maybe you will learn that humans are more than effigies of flesh to be toyed with. Most are, but a few very special ones are not.

*Edit*

Straight up, Marquis.

Originally posted by The Marquis
Adam assumes that if someone doesn't agree with his moral values it could only be because they haven't had the experience to do so. Rather pathetic.

Actually, I assume that one who has not experienced a thing, yet denounces that thing as pathetic, is ignorant and sad.

Originally posted by Xev

I don't demand sex in order to feel something for the person I love. My emotions are based on more than a brief ecstacy of pleasure dredged like a pheonix from the depths of indescribable agony. There are a thousant more sublime feelings than the brief neurochemical wash of an orgasm.

I do not love because my lover is useful for me. I love because of my partner's mind, their quirks, their nauseating flaws and their sublime strengths.

Unlike you, I actually care for my lover as a human, not as a sentient sex toy.

I feel sorry for you. Someday, maybe you will learn that humans are more than effigies of flesh to be toyed with. Most are, but a few very special ones are not.
Everything you said there is based on assumption. You make many assumptions and baseless assertions. Your words have no value.

Adam:
Everything you said there is based on assumption. You make many assumptions and baseless assertions. Your words have no value.

What assumptions?
I know how I love.
I know how I fuck.
I know that you have claimed that you see a lover only as a sexual object (in your criticism of my belief in the existance of romantic love without sex).

What assumptions do I make?

Actually, I assume that one who has not experienced a thing, yet denounces that thing as pathetic, is ignorant and sad.

Yes, you are ignorent and sad, as you have no idea what I've experienced. So shut up.

Well, when it comes down to it sex is first of all a biological function and need, then we can attach the feeling of our choice to it, may it be love or may it be power. I prefer love.

Back