The Last Minority

fC:
Hmmm true, but that only emphasizes my point...

That gays meet with social prejudice? I agree.

Yes I agree and am American. I haven't used illegal drugs for years but I do empathize. Drugs can be very dangerous but our policies only make them more so...

Yes, indeed. I like Cris' signature:

"People should be free to do anything they wish except where such actions would interfere with the freedom of others."

It's a more precise summary of my own political ideals than I could manage.

I'm not saying that drug users have it worse than gays. What I'm saying is that our government should operate more along the lines of that ideal.

"Now, surely you know: a. Gays are routinely beaten or killed. b. Atheists are outcasted and demonized (at least in US).
I believe those two groups are discriminated against more than drug users...but maybe it is different to the north?"

Well, I've yet to hear of someone being outcasted for being an atheist in Canada, but I could be wrong. I'm sure in some small towns up north it happens. And in Canada, gays are not in as much of a problem as in the U.S.

However, this is beside the point. The problem is that drugs and drug users are descriminated by the government, gays are not.

If you like drugs do them. I love drugs. My life completely changed for the better because of drugs.

Back