The last breath: in or out?

Lovely.

Carry on here; I shall stroll in a less humid part of the graveyard, if whistle I must. Ugh.

I wish I had someone to carry on with. It would take my mind off death.

If, during your stroll, you meet a guy with a scythe, run like hell !

Flying "Human Remains" home for burial, it's hard to notice any faint noises from them after engine start. But in the climb, as cabin pressure drops, there's occasionally a whiff of very-dirty-socks smell escaping the bag within the box. Which is always better than having them go POP! Other than that, dead folks are model passengers to me.

actually no jozen-bo

The first breath would be a cough OUT because the lungs have to clear the fluid they have been sitting in for the past 9 months. THEN they can breath in

Flying "Human Remains" home for burial, it's hard to notice any faint noises from them after engine start. But in the climb, as cabin pressure drops, there's occasionally a whiff of very-dirty-socks smell escaping the bag within the box. Which is always better than having them go POP! Other than that, dead folks are model passengers to me.

They don't complain about the barrel-rolls, then?

As long as we are universalizing we need to remember that not everyone dies lying down in a bed. If your head is blown off your last breath could have been either. In Hiroshima some of the people were caught at every possible stage of a breath.

As long as we are universalizing we need to remember that not everyone dies lying down in a bed. If your head is blown off your last breath could have been either. In Hiroshima some of the people were caught at every possible stage of a breath.

Yes, absolutely. The mode of dying should be taken into consideration.

However, to even talk about the last breath, it is assumed that the mode of dying is one where breathing in and out is still possible, ie. where there is no lethal mechanical or chemical injury to any part of the breathing system.

Yes, I am not saying the topic has no value. I wanted to put a border on the potential metaphysical interpretations one might make.

In other words if it is always an expiration, then people might say this is where the soul leaves the body.

But if one can die in whatever stage of breathing, I don't think we can make links like that.

I wish I had someone to carry on with. It would take my mind off death.

If, during your stroll, you meet a guy with a scythe, run like hell !

Actually I plan to fart on him.

Doritos at Dawn, mon ami.

Back