the human diet

Some people get stomachaches after drinking milk (with all additional consequences). Why is that?

Originally posted by whitewolf
Some people get stomachaches after drinking milk (with all additional consequences). Why is that?

Lactose intolerent. They lack lactase to break down lactose.

Originally posted by SwedishFish
i've been reading about a way of eating that is supposed to be the most natural way for human being to eat because it is how we evolved. according to whoever wrote it (who knows?) early humans grazed on plants throughout the day and then had a large meal at the end of it as a tribal gathering and social event.

what do you think of this way of eating for modern humans?

That's true for most people all over the world to gather at the end of the day and eat a large meal. I guess that's more in the manner of socializing, being with family, friends, and food does bring a sort of completion and connection to others, which instigates relaxation, fulfillment in the way of physical means.
I know that most farmers don't eat warm meals at the end of the day and some countries differ in hot/cold meals which differentiates during breakfast/lunch/dinner throughout the day.

I think that's good, Swedish, that it helps lose weight to cut down on large amounts of food during the day and perhaps enjoy a large meal at the end. We really don't need to eat so much but the bombardment of food advertisements seem to instigate more of our need for emptying our pockets and filling our bellies. Fat is needed but only a small percentage. Fat usually converts to muscle too if you use your energy properly. The most important thing though is DETOX! Undereating during the day by ingesting live whole vegetables, fruits and their juices will help accelerate detoxification. Besides on the current subject of milk, it isn't necessary for adults anymore because there are other ways to fill your body with calcium. I still like milk though(2%) makes me feel pretty strong. Maybe one day we'll eat in small little pills that'll be enough for one meal.

"The most important thing though is DETOX! Undereating during the day by ingesting live whole vegetables, fruits and their juices will help accelerate detoxification."

yes yes that's what i read! johns hopkins found a lower risk of diabetes and heart disease in people following this diet. the day time fast allows your body to rest and detoxify. it increases your supply of antioxidants. the high calorie dinner gives you a metabolism boost which helps your body to rebuild and heal during the 12-18 hour digestion.

i'm kind of finding it hard to eat a huge meal after "grazing" during the day. the dessert is a nice perk though.

Back