The Haze in Here: A Drug War Overview

why even bother posting that? some 'studies', is that supposed to mean anything significant or are you convincing yourself of something?

No, no. Studies aren't meant to mean anything at all.
:scratchin::wallbang::wallbang:

Leonard Pitts is a conservative Miami Herald columnist, now disillusioned with the "War on Drugs". He concludes a recent article with a telling statistic that I was not aware of:
...in 1914, when the first federal drug law was enacted, the government estimated 1.3 percent of us were addicted to illegal drugs.

In 1970, when the War on Drugs began, the government estimated 1.3 percent of us were addicted to illegal drugs.

Thirty-nine million arrests later ... the government says 1.3 percent of us are addicted to illegal drugs.

Pitts' article lead me to further reading at LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) and the Drug Policy Alliance Network.

There is a wealth of information available from both of these links, refuting the familiar rationalizations in support of the disastrous "War on Drugs". I had not reviewed this issue for a while, and I recommend these two links to anyone interested in getting informed and up-to-date on drug policy, particularly in the USA.

No, no. Studies aren't meant to mean anything at all.
:scratchin::::wallbang:

i already said to smoke all the weed you want, doesnt matter to me.:bugeye:

but seriously any advantages would be incorporated into medication just like other even more powerful narcotics that are used to get high are. it would be very simple to use THC in medicine. These companies have scientists and the highest quality of any drug available and they test them all. Are you a drug researcher?

Last edited:
John99: "it would be very simple to use THC in medicine."

Marketing the benefits of compounds readily-available in marijuana is incompatible with the maintenance of prohibition doctrines and mentality. Such promotion also undermines the pharmaceutical industry's lucrative status-quo.

Marijuana has been proven superior to various synthetic drugs in safely treating various disorders- some rare, and some common. Yet simple extracts of marijuana (if decriminalized) would not be nearly as controllable in terms of supply, distribution, and profit. Pharmaceutical corporations will lose billions when marijuana is not only as accepted as alcohol, but also respected as a remedy. When marijuana is freely and openly grown again, these corporations will lose a lot of revenue.

As citizens become better informed and popular sentiment for marijuana-prohibition repeal builds toward a tipping-point, we should expect the pharma-lobby (not to mention industries like paper, textiles and energy that would also be impacted) to react aggressively and creatively in playing on our fears.

Back