the ever loving, God of love.

Wow, you are one heartless son of a bitch. Children are dying everyday from starvation and "Where is God?" is a completely valid question. Your a theist right? Since your god is omnipotent why doesn't he help the children? What have they done to deserve death? Answer me that please.
No, this thread is exhibit A of heartlessness!

Instead of recognizing a need to do something - of doing what God wills - it simply prostitutes pictures of people dying with carefully chosen punchlines. It's dishonest journalism and malicious propaganda to further someone's cause. Shouldn't you be asking what that cause is? They're exploiting people dying! Or am I the only one who sees that? People are swallowing death whole, yet you ask me where is God!

Unlike you and pavloscosmos, God is actually there, with the people distributing food, answering prayers, building houses. With the people dying, giving them something not even Bill Gates can give: life.

They have done nothing to deserve death. Nor is their only purpose in life to die so that people could sit in front of their computers and feel better about not believing in God.

You can drink your fill of those pictures until you choke on their suffering, and still no witty punchline or clever Bible quote is going to change what they see. Because they're certaintly not the ones logging on to look at captions, and nodding their heads self-righteously.

Their lives is an accusation on yours and mine. We are the caption on the world they live in. Last Saturday, Christians planted 14 vegetable gardens in an informal settlement. The seeds they used were free, provided by God with creation itself. Where were you?

Last edited:
Fact: People are dying from starvation at alarming rate.(link)
Religion: God is omnipotent (all powerful), so He could help the people if He wanted to.
Question: Why does God not help the starving people?
By the way, what a great gift god gave them: life, so they can die horrible deaths.
We all die. The answer is: "because you don't live by bread alone". People are dying because of the effects of sin in this world. Sin is not doing God's will. Not helping these people is not doing God's will. They suffer because people who can help doesn't. They suffer because countries have budgets that could feed a whole country to upgrade their military.

They're not dying of hunger, they're dying of negligence. Helping them shows them something of God that they would otherwise only see after they had died. The difference is that they will inherit a life that money can't buy, and food can provide. Because there are people who let others die, there are people who don't inherit eternal life.

Many people die horrible deaths, not only those who are starving. What about them?

How are these people going to have a "more advanced existence"?
Hi Jenyar,
Answer:
Freedom from fear and delusion
Freedom from superstitious paranoia and harmful pre-conceptions
Freedom from the man made determinism placed on others in the veil of orthadox ideology and dogma.
Freedom to cease falsely representing the very object of their devotion.
hmmmmm...maybe the last one was a contradiction....

Quantum Quack said:
Freedom from fear and delusion
Freedom from superstitious paranoia and harmful pre-conceptions
Freedom from the man made determinism placed on others in the veil of orthadox ideology and dogma.
Freedom to cease falsely representing the very object of their devotion.
They're free from all these things and dying of hunger. I ask again: How are these people going to have a "more advanced existence"?

Do you really think determinism is something forced on people by orthodoxy? Think again: Fears of my belief in Determinism; Another free will thread.... Existentialism and determinism are the natural consequences of living without faith.

I remember the bible saying that Jesus must eventually interfere in human affairs before we homo sapiens utterly destroy each other.

TheMatrixIsReal said:
Fact: People are dying from starvation at alarming rate.(link)
Religion: God is omnipotent (all powerful), so He could help the people if He wanted to.
Question: Why does God not help the starving people?

Because if he would -- in, for example, miraculously feeding them -- that would infringe on the rights of the people to be free.

God doesn't step into human affairs the way some very strong human would do, say a ruler or a king, or a president of a rich and powerful country. This would make God a dictator.
We are free to believe in God or not. This freedom means that God will not step into human affairs in a human-like manner; if he would, we would lose our freedom to believe in him or not.

RosaMagika said:
Because if he would -- in, for example, miraculously feeding them -- that would infringe on the rights of the people to be free.

God doesn't step into human affairs the way some very strong human would do, say a ruler or a king, or a president of a rich and powerful country. This would make God a dictator.
We are free to believe in God or not. This freedom means that God will not step into human affairs in a human-like manner; if he would, we would lose our freedom to believe in him or not.

So when he supposedly "interfered with our rights to be free" by killing people and doing other things in the Bible, it was ok, but when it comes down to preventing people from starving, he ties his own hands? And what exactly did Jesus supposedly do? Come down, from heaven (correct?) and miraculously feed people. He did it before, but now he won't or can't?

Last edited:
anonymous2 said:
So when he supposedly "interfered with our rights to be free" by killing people and doing other things in the Bible, it was ok, but when it comes down to preventing people from starving, he ties his own hands?

Theologicall speaking I dont think there is a 'human rights' before a god. For a god - Freedom is a gift and life is a priviledge. A rightful god will not take back his gift of freedom but he could end your priviledge for life anytime.

well said anonymous.
the delusioned few on this forum. would change their minds, if it was them and their familys starving. the would say the same thing jesus said on the cross, and he had no faith in god, himself then " why hast thou forsaken me, oh lord."

Anyway if you want to argue against the concept of a loving god, the best way to do it is bring up the concept of hell and the eternal torture associated with it.

Starving kids are not sufficient enough to condemn the love of god. Because many other factors apply in the equation.

DoctorNO said:
Anyway if you want to argue against the concept of a loving god, the best way to do it is bring up the concept of hell and the eternal torture associated with it.

Starving kids are not sufficient enough to condemn the love of god. Because many other factors apply in the equation.

Maybe by some contorted theological view perhaps, but to put it simply, if God is all powerful, and kids starving is wrong, then why would a loving God allow such a thing?

But as for hell, yep, that's "infinitely" worse.

anonymous2 said:
Maybe by some contorted theological view perhaps, but to put it simply, if God is all powerful, and kids starving is wrong, then why would a loving God allow such a thing?

Christians would say that it is because God handed over to us the opportunity to govern ourselves. For us to see how things work out on our own. Who caused the sufferings around the world? We did. Should a loving god intervene? Logically the answer should be a yes. Biblically the answer is a yes too. But then it becomes a question of WHEN.

To any god/gods I say smite me now, you cruel callous sadistic nasty friging bastichs.

DoctorNO said:
Christians would say that it is because God handed over to us the opportunity to govern ourselves. For us to see how things work out on our own. Who caused the sufferings around the world? We did. Should a loving god intervene? Logically the answer should be a yes. Biblically the answer is a yes too. But then it becomes a question of WHEN.

haha, "Christians would say", but is it a reasonable view, or an excuse to absolve an allegedly loving God? I think mankind would "see how things would work out on our own" after the first few people died from lack of food. Eat food=good thing. To think that a lot of people starving to death is teaching mankind something important, which couldn't be taught otherwise unless many people starved to death, is.. well. not very reasonable to me.

As for who caused the sufferings around the world, yea, because Adam sinned, and we sin, the whole world went down the tubes, and we're all at fault for everything that goes wrong today, including earthquakes and volcanoes. Ain't that convenient? ;)

Last edited:
DoctorNO said:
A god could make it up with those people in the afterlife.

Very true. But if you're truly loving, exactly for what purpose is there for starving to death, even if God makes it up later on through eternal life? Sure, hey, eternal life is great, but why make or allow the person to starve in the first place?

anonymous2 said:
but why make or allow the person to starve in the first place?

Because it is not the right time to intervene in human affairs? Like how could anyone say that we truly messed things up if there is no mess (like hunger & poverty) to prove it?

Think like a parent. How can you say to your child that his ignorant method sucks if you keep helping him in the background that he thinks he is doing things right without your intervention?

the universe is estimated to being 19billion years old and all we get is an average 80 odd years to get it right....hmmm...some plan hey?

Quantum Quack said:
the universe is estimated to being 19billion years old and all we get is an average 80 odd years to get it right....hmmm...some plan hey?

Christians think its a good thing that this entire show was made especially for us. :D

DoctorNO said:
Because it is not the right time to intervene in human affairs? Like how could anyone say that we truly messed things up if there is no mess (like hunger & poverty) to prove it?

Think like a parent. How can you say to your child that his ignorant method sucks if you keep helping him in the background that he thinks he is doing things right without your intervention?
this is the most inane and stupid statement you've made, you can not be serious.
if I needed help, my father would give it, without question.
so what your saying is, if I call for help, while I am hanging of a cliff, and it's certain death, my father should say sorry son, you are just going to have to die, to realise you've messed up, I cant let you have this rope, because you'll never learn anything. that what parents do, teach what they know to there children.

so the rich are ones that will never mess up then.

Back