• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Free will is our greatest gift and our greatest curse. I will keep mine and defend it and yours to the death.
This and other posts is the reason I shared my dream. And the reason I called it "The Ethics Of God".

It seems that there is somewhat of a paradox. We pray for God to help us but we refuse that help when it is offered.

After this dream I was stunned by the simplicity of the ethical dilemma of self determination (free-willed self determination) and intervention that impacts on this self determination.

So in essence "God" is hamstrung by his own ethics. Wants to help but can't with out diminishing the integrity of free-will and self determination.

I guess this mangod will have to determine with his own self determination what sort of world he wants to live in.

Has he got the same right to self determination as we all have?

And if this includes a peaceful world then should he be condemned for excersising his own freewill at the lessening of others freewill.

Or should he just go away and find another planet to go live on.

If you put it in context. He sits at his home and watches all this uneccessary suffering on TV knowing at all times that he could just make it all go away.

How would you cope knowing you had the power to remove war and yet feel obliged to watch all the killing and violence go on, just because of a sense of respect?

Hearing people condemning God for not helping? Screaming for relief from the agony of legs blown off because of a land mine.

How would you cope knowing all the time that it could have been avoided?

Oxygen said:
I'd tell him to kiss my ass. It's too little too late. He lets us go for this long just so he can come galloping in on the airwaves and act like he's doing us a favor? He should have been here long ago. Now he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
yeah good one O, but no.
I would answer this with a simple yes, free the world of violence. At the end of the day it would be alot better, and there are plenty of other things that could be done by these poeple investigating murders and rapes. these smart people could be finding cures for disease or working out how to save the enviroment.
Do you promote violence O? Because i dont and if there was a answer to it i would back it all the way

I would like more information to be available to those who do not believe or believe only half heartedly. If everyone knew that there was a god and that there would be consequences of their actions then they would probably behave not only with less violence but with more love. The worst trait of this world right now is not hate it is apathy; the lack of concern for anyone and anything.

laughing weasel said:
I would like more information to be available to those who do not believe or believe only half heartedly. If everyone knew that there was a god and that there would be consequences of their actions then they would probably behave not only with less violence but with more love. The worst trait of this world right now is not hate it is apathy; the lack of concern for anyone and anything.

what a croc
if a mass murderer can be absolved before he executed,there is no consequence to his actions,its because of this, that he's quite happy to kill
if he new there was no here after and this was the one and only time he'd exist he might consider peace and love, I agree with you last line the worst trait etc.

With the ying and yang where good and evil balance out one another in this world, how can there be anything called "the ethics of God"?

- N

Back