The creation of man.

Enmos

Valued Senior Member

Genesis 2
15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

From: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 1-2

Now, what was Gods initial intention for man ?
Apparently, it wasn't to be fruitful and multiply, as you need both males and females for that.
Apparently, God only created man to work His garden.
When man couldn't handle all the work on his own God looked for a suitable helper amongst the animals; none was found.
Only then, God created a woman to help the man work His garden.

as if woman's creation is not enough of a proof. Which rib would it be that man has lost, do you think? The wings, Enmos. Man has lost the ability to fly, his wings, so that woman was created.

Would you rather have wings and fly or women?
I would choose what Adam chose, woman.

Please stop posting complete nonsense ! :bugeye:

Ironically the story of using a Rib to create woman comes from the creation myth from Sumeria of Enki. He took a portion of his own rib to make the first man. The first man was grown in Enki's wife's womb.

The first women *I think* was made from the first man(Adammu) and one of the Sumerian goddesses.

Genesis 2

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

16 & 17 contradict each other somewhat, confusing at best...... bad translation perhaps? I have no idea what someone in Adam's position would have thought God meant by it. It would be like explaining the theory of relativity to a parrot.

18 is more of what I was intimating in an earlier thread. Here there can be no doubt that God recognizes that something He created was not good. Despite His declaration that everything is good, it obviously wasn't.

Ironically the story of using a Rib to create woman comes from the creation myth from Sumeria of Enki. He took a portion of his own rib to make the first man. The first man was grown in Enki's wife's womb.

The first women *I think* was made from the first man(Adammu) and one of the Sumerian goddesses.

What is your source?

jan.

PsychoticEpisode,

PE said:
16 & 17 contradict each other somewhat, confusing at best...... bad translation perhaps?

Nonsense, the instruction is as clear as a bell.

I have no idea what someone in Adam's position would have thought God meant by it.

Er, let's see. :rolleyes:
Eat from any tree in the garden execpt the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

It would be like explaining the theory of relativity to a parrot.

Explain?

18 is more of what I was intimating in an earlier thread. Here there can be no doubt that God recognizes that something He created was not good. Despite His declaration that everything is good, it obviously wasn't.

So the creation of man was not good, because God saw that Adam (an individual human being) began to feel lonely? :D

jan.

Enmos,

Now, what was Gods initial intention for man ?
Apparently, it wasn't to be fruitful and multiply, as you need both males and females for that.
Apparently, God only created man to work His garden.
When man couldn't handle all the work on his own God looked for a suitable helper amongst the animals; none was found.
Only then, God created a woman to help the man work His garden.

Enmos, you believe that God does not exist, as much as a fat kid loves cake.
What do you hope to achieve from this thread?

jan.

Eat from any tree in the garden execpt the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Except is a better word than but in this case. Any tree in the garden means all trees within the confines of the garden are fair game. But by saying,not of the tree of good and evil, then it does not designate the garden as the tree's position.

What would good & evil mean to a man who knows nothing of it. Same goes for saying 'surely die'. It's the age old argument, not worth going over again and again. He can do no more than repeat the instructions to himself because he has no comprehension of what they mean, thus the parrot inference.

So the creation of man was not good, because God saw that Adam (an individual human being) began to feel lonely?

jan.

No, because God said it wasn't good situation, that Adam was a loner. Obviously something God never thought of. God should have known and it appears Jan, that women were an afterthought. Geez, do you think the Bible was written by men?:rolleyes:

Evangelion i believe.

the-end-of-evangelion.jpg

PsychoticEpisode,

Except is a better word than but in this case. Any tree in the garden means all trees within the confines of the garden are fair game.

I doubt they spoke english back then.
And does it really matter.
It is easy to understand, period. :(

But by saying,not of the tree of good and evil, then it does not designate the garden as the tree's position.

Adam lived into his 900's, I'm sure there is more to his life, and dialouge with his creator than what is written in genesis.
Don't ya think?

What would good & evil mean to a man who knows nothing of it.

How do you know he knew nothing of it?

No, because God said it wasn't good situation, that Adam was a loner.
Obviously something God never thought of.

How could it be that God never thought of it, outside of your believing that God does not exist?

God should have known and it appears Jan, that women were an afterthought.

Your whole concept of God is non-sensical.
Better just say you don't believe, as that makes perfect sense.

jan.

What is your source?

jan.

Enki Lord of the Earth and Water. Confuser of Languages. Champion of Mankind, warning them of the flood caused by Enlil (the angry greater god). Hebrews(and thus Jews/Christians) merge these two characters and their Lord Anu into One God. Sounds familiar? "Ea" his Akkadian name is phonetically very similar to his (religulous?) descendant Yahweh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki

He creates the first man and later women for the purpose of alleviating the labours of the lesser gods(number unknown).

From Akkadian Atra-Hasis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atra-Hasis

(artificially created wombs in this version)

That's about 2000 years older than the original Sumerian story, Not bad huh? That's at least as good as the Hebrews before the Christian Cult started up.

Original Sumerian Creation Myth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_creation_myth

The Babylonian Version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enûma_Eliš

There are a few slightly different translations of the Enuma Elish, but pretty much the same...

Back