The biggest difference between Christianity and Islam

overdose said:
]In my honest opinion, none of the western world would be Christian right now if Constantine wouldnt have accepted Christianity as Roman Empire's religion.
I disagree. It was at this point that the state started interfering with the church, introducing power games and ulterior motives, causing the basic ideals of love etc. to be lost in the quest for power.

It is interesting when we talk about keeping the church seperate from the state, when initially it was the state which tried to get it's hands on the church.

All the atrocities which have been committed in the name of Christianity can be attributed back to greed and a lust for power.

Overdose said:
Southstar you think first!

God gave human beings free will and so human beings did whatever they wanted. We are not puppets. So, it wasnt God who made a mistake but we human beings. Anyway, enough with this...

I am a little confused here. So who was Jesus in Christianity? Was he God himself or a piece of god (what does a piece of God mean?), son of God? What is it that Christians believe?

Muslems believe that Jesus was a messenger and nothing much. Clear enough
What do Christians believe?

I also read on cnn one time that 70% of religious leaders in USA dont believe that Allah and the Christian God are the same. Why not? Do Christians believe that they are chosen people of a specific god?
In my honest opinion, none of the western world would be Christian right now if Constantine wouldnt have accepted Christianity as Roman Empire's religion.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Of course God didn't make the mistake! I was ridiculing something a different reply said. Christians believe the Son is the Lamb of God.

SouthStar makes an excellent point about Jesus being the Lamb of God.

Christians also believe Jesus came first like a Lamb but will return like a Lion.

Overdose said:
Nexus what are you talking obout? Western Christians looted Constantinople before the Ottoman Turks got there? Are you talking a about the Crusaders who looted their own center :D
Constantinople had all its richness when the Ottomans conqured it.

Turks believe that Arabs are angry at Turks because we are secular. I really want to know PM's opinion about this. He once said British Agent to Ataturk, which doesnt make any sense.

Turkey is NOW Muslim state, the government in power has Islamic roots even If the army Generals there would like to appear to be secualrs, you go to the streets of any turkish city and you will find turkish sisters with HIJAB ( headscarf ).

We are not angry at the turks, they are our brothers, we are very proud of them and we muslims ( arab muslims) wish the return of the ottoman empire, we will be very pleased to be run by non arab muslims like the formidable sultans of the ottoman great MUSLIM EMPIRE.

Ataturk was a traitor, he fought Islam, he banned ADHAN from mosques, he forced muslim women to take off their hijab, we hate him so much, we dont hate the Turkish people nor turkey..

Long live MUSLIM Turkey !

tu-lgflag.gif

PM Ataturk was a modernizer he wanted to lift his country up into the modern world. If you look at the period before his tenure there was a rapid downward slide in the muslim world while europe, america, japan and other nations were on a rapid ascent. It was in fact the assistance of the western powers on Turkeys behalf which kept Turkey from being swallowed by imperial russia during the Crimean war, imagine that christians helping muslims retain sovereinity :D . Ataturk was trying to find and address the causes of turkish decline he did not attempt to erradicate islam in turkey (as you mentioned islam is alive and well in Turkey)only separate it from the government as it is in the west.

Great link okinrus muchas gracias :D

On a lighter note, seeing the Turkish flag reminded me of the old World cup "why Brazil will always beat Turkey" photo comparison.
Most have probably seen it, if not it involves slight female nudity :D
Why Brazil will always beat Turkey in the world cup.

Last edited:
Back