The bible is a dangerous Tool

WMA said:
You find me one quote from the bible where it says it is ok to commit Genecide.

heres a couple where god say it's ok.

King James Version

Deuteronomy 13:13: Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
14: Then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;
15: Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16: And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.
17: And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;
18: When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Ezekiel 21:24: "Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have made your guilt to be remembered, in that your transgressions are uncovered, so that in all your doings your sins appear -- because you have come to remembrance, you shall be taken in them.
25: And you, O unhallowed wicked one, prince of Israel, whose day has come, the time of your final punishment,
26: thus says the Lord GOD: Remove the turban, and take off the crown; things shall not remain as they are; exalt that which is low, and abase that which is high.
27: A ruin, ruin, ruin I will make it; there shall not be even a trace of it until he comes whose right it is; and to him I will give it.
28: "And you, son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; say, A sword, a sword is drawn for the slaughter, it is polished to glitter and to flash like lightning --
29: while they see for you false visions, while they divine lies for you -- to be laid on the necks of the unhallowed wicked, whose day has come, the time of their final punishment.
30: Return it to its sheath. In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you.
31: And I will pour out my indignation upon you; I will blow upon you with the fire of my wrath; and I will deliver you into the hands of brutal men, skilful to destroy.
32: You shall be fuel for the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered; for I the LORD have spoken."

Well, the fucking great flood was one serious piece of genociding wasn't it? Strewth... stone the crows :rolleyes:

the flood was sort of a natural disaster but created by humans, and you can also say it was created by god.

No, it never rains so much for 40 days and 40 nights that the whole friggin world is covered in water, that, is NOT natural. To say it was created by humans is idiotic, especially when the bible actually tells you that it was God's decision to flood the world and kill everyone for their sins except Noah, his family and the animals. Thing is, it didn't change anything did it? Blimey!

it wasn't just water which rained down... but... when the place (sahara) was destroyed... it formed into radiation energy... it ascended into the outer atmosphere.... and there it reformed into all kinds of basic forms of matter... then it rained down... water... mud... sand... got it?

it wasn't for "40" days... 40 means eternity in the Bible... I don't know the exact number of days how long it rained.

Yorda?!?! Yah gots some serious fact lacking thoughts there. Like Tablariddim said,
WTF?!?!?!
QUOTE from Tablariddim
"Thing is, it didn't change anything did it? Blimey!"
Yes it did. It killed off most of the cross breeding "fallen" angels. It killed off the
Nephelim, the off spring of those matings. Don't mate outside your species.

craterchains (Norval said:
It killed off the
Nephelim, the off spring of those matings. Don't mate outside your species.

Noooo! Nephilim means giant. The giants mated with primitive humans... then some of the offspring inherited their size. Some didn't. Some only inherited their great mind. The giants were also called the sons of God and anak, which means long necked. Their offspring was called Anakim, among other names.

"GOD" TOLD THE GIANTS TO MATE WITH THE HUMANS!

Yorda, thank you so much, and to think I have had it wrong for over 30 years since I first read about it in the bible. :rolleyes:

Now back to the real story. The bible is a dangerous tool in the hands of some, that is now proof positive. :D

I really like those quotes up there Misty.

Barbara Thiering, a divinity scholar, has shown that the 'miracles' were described in Peshing Technique and shown to be mundane.

For example, one rejected by the Essenes was termed 'dead'. If they recanted and were accepted they were said to be 'brought back to life'.

That aside, Constantine edited Xianity at Nicaea. Before that there were many flavours covering widely contradicting beliefs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...5855/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5509471-1304404

0552139505.02.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Last edited:
Synopsis
Jesus was the leader of a radical faction of Essene priests. He was not of virgin birth: he was a direct descendant of King David. He did not die on the cross: drugged into a coma, he was later revived. The many visions mentioned by the Apostles were actual meetings with Jesus as he continued to preach and travel as far as Rome and southern France. He married Mary Magdalene, had two sons, and later divorced. He died sometime after AD 64. This version of Christ's life is not the product of a mind who wants to debunk Christianity. The author is a theologian and biblical scholar. But after 20 years of close study of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the gospels she has developed a new theory. Contrary to previous scholarly opinion, she argues that the Dead Sea Scrolls were written in the same period as the life of Christ, and she shows how they, and hence the gospels, were written to be read on two different levels. On the surface, for the more literal-minded, are found the magic and miracles, the raising of the dead, the turning of water into wine; but on a deeper level, decoded rather like solving a cryptic crossword, a more realistic historical account is revealed of the life of Christ and the origins of Christianity.

The bible is a dangerous Tool

Negative. A tool is only a tool. A man may apply it to his will, dangerous or otherwise. As the NRA says "People kill people, not guns"
"The tragedy with print is that the book is only as good as it's reader."

Dug-T said:
For numerous reasons, for instance give a powerfull man a bible call him catholic for instance and he will kill um 5 million jewish people, hey and if you think i'm just attacking catholics.. forget it I hate all religion with a passion.
So you hate "all" religion therefore you hate this (James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. KJV) which is written in the Bible?

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. KJV

Just wtf does that mean?

Is it: Approved by God, consoling sad people is good, and don't let the crap of the world get you down.

Yes?

The bible is a dangerous Tool? Yea, if you fling it real hard at someone and its hits them it the right place, it can be dangerous.

Catastrophe: Synopsis
Jesus was the leader of a radical faction of Essene priests. He was not of virgin birth: he was a direct descendant of King David. He did not die on the cross: drugged into a coma, he was later revived. The many visions mentioned by the Apostles were actual meetings with Jesus as he continued to preach and travel as far as Rome and southern France. He married Mary Magdalene, had two sons, and later divorced. He died sometime after AD 64. This version of Christ's life is not the product of a mind who wants to debunk Christianity. The author is a theologian and biblical scholar. But after 20 years of close study of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the gospels she has developed a new theory. Contrary to previous scholarly opinion, she argues that the Dead Sea Scrolls were written in the same period as the life of Christ, and she shows how they, and hence the gospels, were written to be read on two different levels. On the surface, for the more literal-minded, are found the magic and miracles, the raising of the dead, the turning of water into wine; but on a deeper level, decoded rather like solving a cryptic crossword, a more realistic historical account is revealed of the life of Christ and the origins of Christianity.
M*W: For whatever reasons, I read your post today for the first time, and I wanted to comment. I believed exactly what you stated, and I've done my homework on this subject for the past 20+ years. How I so wanted to believe that Jesus and MM were married and had children. But, continuing my search, I came to understand that Jesus, MM, and everyone and everything surrounding his story was nothing more than cryptics for a deeper meaning. It may have been possible that there was a Jewish Rabbi some 2,000 years ago, but the Jesus of the NT was not him.

My research has taken me deeper into the mystery where now I can see that the entire Bible is nothing more than cryptics for astrotheology -- the beliefs of early man. The sun was known as god, because it was good. The sun perpetuated life on Earth. Then the sun became known as the sun of god, and he was good because the sun took away the darkness of night -- also associated with death.

All gods arose out of the zodiac, the solar system, the elements, etc. There are no new gods today, just the original one -- the Sun. As humans evolved, their anthropomorphism of the zodiac made their mythical gods seem more believeable. In reality, "there is nothing new under the sun" (Ecclesiastes). The names were changed to protect mankind's fear of death.

I'd like to hear more about what you've researched on the subject. What books have you read, etc.?

Back