The Bible and Marijuana

blonde_cupid wrote: given the state of the human condition these days, I do not see it as a high priority issue.
True, I myself am not worried about the issue. But if they did legalise, I quess they would have to clear out the jails, huh.;)

Nephilim,

***True, I myself am not worried about the issue. But if they did legalise, I quess they would have to clear out the jails, huh.***

Yeah. Make room for, I dunno, baby killers? Maybe we can stop funding terrorism and the like with illegal drug money while we're at it, huh?:confused:

Make room for, I dunno, baby killers?
You wouldn't have to make room because all the people that went to jail for pot would be released. ;)
Maybe we can stop funding terrorism and the like with illegal drug money while we're at it, huh?
Do you have expert knowledge in that field.:confused:

Asguard,

***Id just like to say smoke on weed lovers***

Don't contribute to global madness... Grow your own for personal use.

Thanks for clearing that up. I find less and less people of today supporting some of these drug laws. Weed seems to be the only one with health benifits, while the artificially made ones seem not to contribute to anything. Would legalising say, crack, really help? :)

Besides, can anyone give me one good reason why the government should regulate what consenting adults do in the privacy of thier own homes?
I'm going to have to agree with you on this. It boils down to wasted money that could be used elsewhere. I personally have never done drugs because I never needed them, but if someone wants to smoke a fatty, let them. ;)

I can't let this thread die as I have religous reasons for the use of Pot. I am a member of the Peyote Church of God and feel God created all of life. That includes me, you, dogs, cats, roses, and of course Pot. God used evolution as a tool to create life and it's arrogant of any man to say "God made a mistake when he made Pot". He had a reason for it and now I offer Biblical proof.
Genesis 1:11

.And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

Genesis 1:30
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Genesis 3:18

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things

Exodus 10:12

And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come up upon the land of Egypt, and eat every herb of the land, even all that the hail hath left

Psalms 104:14

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

1 Timothy 4:4

For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Now before "any" of you say using that makes coke and smack legal ...that is not correct as coke and smack are not natural plants but have been processed by men into something else. The use of a natural plant is what God blessed and not the processing that man does and can do with the natural plants.

Most people that are against Pot base it on lies told by the government and their churches. They don't know all of the facts and like to assume that side of the story is true since the USA and church said so.

There is also the medical use of Pot as an argument here.

why do you use herione and outlaw pot??
All of the currently available analgesic (pain-relieving) drugs have limited efficacy for some types of pain. Some are limited by dose-related side effects and some by the development of tolerance or dependence. A cannabinoid, or other analgesic, could potentially be useful under any of the following circumstances:

· There is a medical condition for which it is more effective than any currently available medication.

· It has a broad clinical spectrum of efficacy and a unique side effect profile.

· It has synergistic interactions with other analgesics.

· It exhibits "side effects" that are considered useful in some clinical situations.

· Its efficacy is enhanced in patients who have developed tolerance to opioids. That drives me crazy as herione is legal for medical use and tons more harmful

Opiates, such as morphine and codeine, are the most widely used drugs for the treatment of acute pain, but they are not consistently effective in chronic pain; they often induce nausea and sedation, and tolerance occurs in some patients

The most encouraging clinical data on the effects of cannabinoids on chronic pain are from three studies of cancer pain. Cancer pain can be due to inflammation, mechanical invasion of bone or other pain-sensitive structure, or nerve injury. It is severe, persistent, and often resistant to treatment with opioids. In one study, Noyes and co-workers found that oral doses of THC in the range of 5-20 mg produced analgesia in patients with cancer pain

There is clearly a need for improved migraine medications. Sumatriptan (Imitrex) is the best available medication for migraine headaches, but it fails to abolish migraine symptoms in about 30% of migraine patients.118,147 Marijuana has been proposed numerous times as a treatment for migraine headaches,

Clinical studies should be directed at pain patients for whom there is a demonstrated need for improved management and where the particular side effect profile of cannabinoids promises a clear benefit over current approaches. The following patient groups should be targeted for clinical studies of cannabinoids in the treatment of pain:

· Chemotherapy patients, especially those being treated for the mucositis, nausea, and anorexia.

· Postoperative pain patients (using cannabinoids as an opioid adjunct to determine whether nausea and vomiting from opioids are reduced).

· Patients with spinal cord injury, peripheral neuropathic pain, or central poststroke pain.

· Patients with chronic pain and insomnia.

· AIDS patients with cachexia, AIDS neuropathy, or any significant pain problem.

Nausea and vomiting (emesis) occur under a variety of conditions, such as acute viral illness, cancer, radiation exposure, cancer chemotherapy, postoperative recovery, pregnancy, motion, and poisoning. Both

are produced by excitation of one or a combination of triggers in the gastrointestinal tract, brain stem, and higher brain centers

The profile of cannabinoid drug effects suggests that they are promising for treating wasting syndrome in AIDS patients. Nausea, appetite loss, pain, and anxiety are all afflictions of wasting, and all can be mitigated by marijuana.

Neurological disorders affect the brain, spinal cord, or peripheral nerves and muscles in the body. Marijuana has been proposed most often as a source of relief for three general types of neurological disorders: muscle spasticity, particularly in multiple sclerosis patients and spinal cord injury victims; movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and Tourette's syndrome; and epilepsy

Marijuana is often reported to reduce the muscle spasticity associated with Multiple sclerosis .62,123 In a mail survey of 112 MS patients who regularly use marijuana, patients reported that spasticity was improved and the associated pain and clonus decreased

The movement disorders most often considered for marijuana or cannabinoid therapy are dystonia, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease, and Tourette's syndrome. Movement disorders are often transiently exacerbated by stress and activity and improved by factors that reduce stress. This is of particular interest because for many people marijuana reduces anxiety.

Marijuana and THC have been shown to reduce IOP by an average of 24% in people with normal IOP who have visual-field changes. In a number of studies of healthy adults and glaucoma patients, IOP was reduced by an average of 25% after smoking a marijuana cigarette that contained approximately 2% THC—a reduction as good as that observed with most other medications available today

The United States supports herione as a pain killer and outlaws pot which has MORE medical reasons..Not to mention we approve of drunks buying legally and many drunk drivers kill. We could free up so much prison space and increase tax income with the legalization of Marijuana.. Oh the most well known supporters?? George Washington and Thoms Jefferson both cultivated Marijuana for personal use.

source...National Organization for Reform of Marijuana

Despite what Mr. Mackey may say, marijuana isn't bad m'kay. Alcohol poses more of a threat not only on a physical level, but socially as well. You go to a party or a concert, and some dude is making an arse out of himself, is he stoned, or drunk? Do you ever see two stoners fight? Me neither. Know why? Cuz its virtually impossible. Marijuana is not tainted with man-made chemicals like cigarettes, alcohol, or ANY other drug. It is natural, given to us by God to enjoy. One could easily die of alcohol poisoning after only a few ounces of alcohol. It would take 1000 joints to die from marijuana smoke, most of that due to asfixiation, not the tetrahydrocannabinol. When something smells delicious to us, we want to partake of it (Fruit, marijuana) and when something smells rank to us, we don't (terds, meatloaf). A nice bud of hydro is one of the best smelling natural fragrances I have ever smelled, much much better than the puke on my bathroom floor from the drunk bastard that couldn't make it to the toilet :m:

Last edited:
I can't let this thread die as I have religous reasons for the use of Pot. I am a member of the Peyote Church of God and feel God created all of life. That includes me, you, dogs, cats, roses, and of course Pot. God used evolution as a tool to create life and it's arrogant of any man to say "God made a mistake when he made Pot". He had a reason for it and now I offer Biblical proof.
Ah but you don't eat dogs do you?

Back