The best theist Scientists

To be honest, the bit I think ought to be most troublesome for Old Earth creationists is the Genesis notion that the Original Sin of Adam brought death into the world. If one takes that literally, the globe should have been stuffed with vast numbers of hitherto immortal organisms!:biggrin:

What do you mean by that?

EDIT: I get it now. OAC believe man to be created billions of years after maggots for example... good point.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that?

EDIT: I get it now. OAC believe man to be created billions of years after maggots for example... good point.
Yes. If nothing died, for millions of years, and new organisms were being procreated throughout……

Mind you, if there was no death, it’s pretty hard to explain what fossils are!

Before we continue as theists or atheists in this discussion.

Being an atheist or theist should make no difference to scientific work.

Most Christian theists we will not have heard of, they are just doing science.
The bad ones like Tour, Behe are bad because they are selling unscientific ideas because of their religious beliefs.

That is what I understand by the thread.

There is a physicist I like, a nice gent, theist and has done some debates in the last ten years but cannot find him.

I've watched dozens of his debates.
I enjoyed his book “Dawkins’ God”, which I picked up on impulse in Blackwell’s in Oxford, while killing time before going to visit my old tutor, who had just celebrated his 70th birthday with a dinner in college the night before. As Dawkins is an Oxford prof I suppose I thought it would be amusing to read something that took him down a peg or two - and which was written by another Oxford prof! These academics can get quite catty amongst themselves. :biggrin:

I enjoyed his book “Dawkins’ God”, which I picked up on impulse in Blackwell’s in Oxford, while killing time before going to visit my old tutor, who had just celebrated his 70th birthday with a dinner in college the night before. As Dawkins is an Oxford prof I suppose I thought it would be amusing to read something that took him down a peg or two - and which was written by another Oxford prof! These academics can get quite catty amongst themselves. :biggrin:

I have just found a debate between the two, I'll check it out :)

Back