Test those Christians

Tracking back Geneollogy I found that God "may" have done it about 8-10 thousand BC. But this is not proof. Earth may have been around long before that. Possible at a cellular level of inhabitants. But even though this part is opinion it makes me think, For what purpose would an ordinary single cell orginism multiply to a multicellular orginism Then afters its an ape or lizzard realize that it made a bad choice and changes again. To me the Evolutionary "Theory" (Not evolution itself, but just hte theory) just logicly doesnt make sense.

Also the Big Bang is a known flawed theory. Apparently the creator was a atheist and wanted to disprove the Creation. He realized that of 3 elements, 2 of the three were in everything, but all 3 where in nothing. The "original" idea was that in the begining there were only 3 atoms combining into one molecule. Then they bursted out and multiplied or something. When asked about "how could they just 'burst' like that". The Athiest could not anwser at first. He later claimed that God made them burst. I find it ironic, but thats how it all started. I believe it was that smart handicaped guy who came up with the idea. The information I dont know where it is, i learned this from a professor on TV, in the History Channel or someting, so i dont know the reference.

Last edited:
Lets deal with the last point first:
I find it highly amusing that someone would make the argument that "anyone who doesn't agree with me must be ignorant". When you are loosing the argument, use personal attacks - really smart.

No, I said you are ignorant because you are ignorant - literally ignorant of the realities of scientific knowledge. I was not attempting to denigrate you or attack you, you simply do not know the facts which are essential to a true understanding of the reality of life around you.

David F. said:
I did not at all say "God must have done it". The failure of evolution does not in any way imply the acceptance of Creationism.

The Survival of the fittest is of course true - no one ever said it wasn't. Evolution is a very broad topic containing much truth and much falsehood.

Let's start by splitting evolution into its two parts - Macro and Microevolution. Microevolution is what used to be call adaptation and no one has ever disputed this idea. Of course people and animals change to best adapt to their environment - survival of the fittest.

The question though is, does this adaptation extend to pre-programmed changes or to the addition of new changes? One race of man might develop extra fat around their eyes to protect from the cold, causing them to squint or become "slant eyed". Was this a pre-programmed DNA response which was brought out by conditions (those without it died before they could procreate) or was this brought about by mutations? Some things truly are mutations (take blue eyes for example) while others are simply variations around a mean. No one disputes that there are variations from one man to the next, or from one dog to the next, or from one fish to the next. The evolution debate comes when scientists try to extend that variation along a trend line. The available evidence suggests that variations too far from the mean in a species causes death while macro-evolution absolutely depends upon the survival of a specimen which varies far from the mean.
The fallacy here is that the mean is automatically the best solution. But over the course of a few million years, occasionally a new mean occurs which is better than the old mean, which provides a new starting point. Enough time and enough such small steps will eventually lead to speciation. Your talk about eye colour and epicanthic folds - let alone major changes like skin colour and differences in hair types, growth patterns and colours, have all occurred over a measly 100,000 years. The appearance of different large ape species took place over a period of a million years, a million years go. Complex, large-scale life forms of the kind we are surrounded by every day in their tens of billions first appeared six hundred million years ago. Mammalian life only about 100 million years ago, but even that was long enough for the continents to change out of all recognition to reach the stage they are at today.
Can you understand the difference between variations about a mean and variations along a trend line? All evidence I have ever seen suggests the later is not possible (fatal). Species delineation occurs when one group falls far right of the mean and another group falls far left of the mean - still variations about the mean but far enough away from each other so not to be able to breed. Darwin based his theory on known fact, but then extrapolated to an untruth. A + B equals C, but A + B might not lead to X.
But how is there an untruth here? You're basing this on experiments done on a macromutational level over the course of a few human lifetimes at best. This simply does not apply to the evolution of species over millions of years, a process which allows for the very very occasional success where you would normally expect failure.

Do you have any knowledge of statistics?
Do you?
Evolutionists use math (statistics) to reach a false conclusion. Evolutionists say anything that can happen will eventually happen. This is simply not true. Just because you can place a probability on an event, does not mean that event will eventually happen. Some things are truly impossible (I think most statisticians say anything less likely than 1 in 10 to the 70 is really zero - I think they are being over generous).
And exactly what are you claiming has a chance of less than 1 in 10^70? No-one who believes in the spontaneous generation of life on earth would claim that it is such a ludicrously low chance. (For the record, 10^70 is the equivalent of the number of seconds that have elapsed since the Big Bang and each second is divided into the number of seconds since the Big Bang, and inside those micro-pico-nano seconds is the number of seconds since the Big Bang and inside those inconceivably tiny artefacts there is the number of seconds since the Big Bang. That's what 10^70 is)

It is not evolutionists who alone claim that a low probability event will eventually happen, it's a statistical fact for probabilities of a reasonable level, like one in a billion trillion. (1 in 10^21). Creation of simple amino acids out of the mixture of organic molecules available in a primordial earth under the lash of the ultraviolet radiation from the sun (before there was an ozone layer) is not such a small probability event, as has been verified experimentally. Let's say that the creation of a DNA molecule has a chance of one in 10^21. However, in the primordial sea under the constant bombardment of ultraviolet radiation there must be a trillion reactions between those amino acids and other organic molecules over the course of a year (actually over the course of a day, probably). Now, despite your assertion that a low level probability event is the same as a zero probability event, what we have here is an event that will show up after probably about one billion years. Now, obviously if you state such a probability in respect to a normal everyday experience, it's the equivalent of not going to happen, but in this case we certainly have a billion years to play with and it suddenly becomes not unlikely at all, but quite likely, given enough time. Let me give you a different example. People cross the road all the time because in the course of our lifetimes we understand that being hit by a car is a low probability event. But say that we actually lived for a million years. Our assessment of the low probability event would change, and we would stop crossing roads, because if you crossed the road every day for a million years, you would undoubtedly one day be run over.

David F. said:
You see, this is the problem. Evolutionists know their theory is seriously flawed, but they don't have anything better and they don't want to fall back on creation. Most who blindly cling to evolution do so because they can't bare the thought of giving in to the theists. They don't have to. It is OK to simply say we don't know. While there is some evidence that something dramatic happened 6-10 thousand years ago, I surely do not see enough evidence to proclaim creation as the absolute victor (I suspect creation is true but I won't try to proclaim that to the world - I simply don't know for sure). However, cellular evolution is just silly so I can certainly proclaim that as false.

Go ahead, just say we don't know!
You evidently didn't read my previous post fully. "Evolutionists" I will accept as your term meaning in a limited sense those scientists who work in the fields of biology and genetics every day, who accept evolution because it impinges in important ways on every thing that they do in their research which is directed at improving the human condition. This leaves aside paeleontologits, paeleobiologists and geologists who rely absolutely on the truth of evolution in order to do their jobs properly. To pick the most obviously "beneficial" area of human activity, geologists use their knowlege of the real, documented evolution of life over millions of years in order to know where to find the oil that we drill out and run our cars on. Your statement that "evolutionists know their theory is seriously flawed" simply has no basis whatsoever. There are differences in opinion about specific processes, but no-one seriously doubts the fact of evolution itself.

Evolution is not a "theory", and it is not some kind of patch to cover over an incomplete knowledge of the origin of life. It is a fact of nature, endlessly attested by overpowering evidence at every level of life, from the shapes of dead bones (and live ones for that matter) to differences in molecules only visible using X-Ray diffraction analysis. Evolution is more even than just "the way things are" - it is a physical law. Given a molecule which is able to create copies of itself out of materials in which it is bathed, and a timescale which dwarfs the puny human imagination, evolution will happen, and complex life forms will result.

Last edited:
David F. said:
Who said God created the world 6,000 years ago? Not the bible!

The bible story is about an Earth that already exists. The six days are the report of God's taraforming activities and the creation of life. The "let there be light" is in the analogy of pulling back a curtain (of clouds?) to let in the light. The story is told from the point of view of someone on the surface of the Earth. It starts with the Earth as a hunk of rock and water. If you will go and read the story yourself, you will find that the Heavens and the Earth already existed prior to the Genesis story - no one knows for how long (a minute? a millenium? 6 billion years? - the bible does not say, so neither will I).
Ah! And now the apologetics.

Time to go to the original, methinks: Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

I expected to read a lot of things from (if you don't want to be called a Creationist) anti-Evolutionists, but actual deliberate denigration, distortion and misreading of one of the most profound, insightful and beautiful writings in human creation was certainly not one of them.

Can there be any more fascinating, profound and incredibly intelligent piece of writing from such antiquity - in an entirely pre-technological and pre-scientific world - than "Let there be light"? The deep understanding that went into the consideration of the Universe before the Creation, that it would be represented by void and formless Chaos, symbolised of course by the Chaos known at the time, the illimitable, untameable Sea; and that inevitably that the Chaos would be plunged in deepest Darkness. The fundamental understanding of the properties of the world around us such as to come to the realisation that before even the creation of land, even in the form of the barest rock, that more fundamental to the world was the light by which we see it, is awe-inspiring in its sheer scope of the mind that conceived it. Furthermore that it is Light itself which is created, not the perhaps more natural Sun; that the Sun and Moon have to be created later in order to contain the primordial light and regulate how it would fall on the earth, is a stunning concept given the antiquity of the story.

But no! The believer would rather reduce this incredible vision of the formation of Order out of Chaos to some lonely and unnamed observer (presumably sitting in a boat) who sees the clouds parting to reveal the already-extant Light beaming down onto the already-existing Earth. And all for the somewhat pointless purpose of reconciling what was written in the book with the body of scientific knowledge gained since the book was written.

camphlps said:
Also the Big Bang is a known flawed theory. Apparently the creator was a atheist and wanted to disprove the Creation. He realized that of 3 elements, 2 of the three were in everything, but all 3 where in nothing. The "original" idea was that in the begining there were only 3 atoms combining into one molecule. Then they bursted out and multiplied or something. When asked about "how could they just 'burst' like that". The Athiest could not anwser at first. He later claimed that God made them burst. I find it ironic, but thats how it all started. I believe it was that smart handicaped guy who came up with the idea. The information I dont know where it is, i learned this from a professor on TV, in the History Channel or someting, so i dont know the reference.
This is nonsense, or at least your implication that the Big Bang theory was thought up by an atheist who was trying to do away with God. Science is done by people who have to speak as they find and formulate theories that fit the facts. The Big Bang is a theory which has been developed by a number of different people over a long period of the 20th Century. At the start of the century the consensus was that the Universe was in a steady state, that is it is eternal in extent and eternal in time - an even less Bible-corresponding view than the Big Bang! Einstein came across a problem in formulating his General Theory of Relativity - it implied an expanding universe. So he introduced an additional factor to keep everything static, which he called the Cosmological Constant. In the 1920s however, Edwin Powell Hubble (after whom is named the famous space telescope) realised by consideration of the red and blue shifts of distant galaxies that apart from members of the Local Group, all distant galaxies appeared to be moving away from us. This implied that the Universe was indeed expanding, and Einstein was able to dispense with his Cosmological Constant (which he later regarded as "my biggest mistake"). Other scientists saw that the implication of everything expanding was that possibly in the past everything had expanded out of a single point. Fred Hoyle, distinguished British scientist, was a leading opponent of this view, holding stubbornly to the steady state theory and calling the theory of the single point expansion "The Big Bang Theory" - actually as a parody; but it has been accepted as the normal name for it. Hoyle found that the Big Bang theory would require conditions in the Universe that had not been discovered, and which he did not believe existed, specifically a background radiation. But in 1965 (the year I was born, btw) Penzias and Wilson discovered exactly that. There was a recent drama of Stephen Hawking's life which implied that he was the one who connected the dots and got to the Big Bang and therefore the theory is his, but that is not really the case to my understanding.

As to the cause of the Big Bang - who knows? Theories are propounded, but they are not really testable, particularly as we still do not have a Grand Unified Theory to unite Gravitation with the theory of Quanta - and whatever happened at the Big Bang certainly involves those conditions since it contained the entire mass of the universe concentrated in a singularity - the conditions of a Black Hole. Without such a profound all-purpose Law, we fall back on philosophy, and some find it easier to say that God did it.

Last edited:
camphlps,

Science is not subjective. If the Big Bang theory was meant to discredit the notion of God it would by now have been discredited. Do you yourself not know that there are Christians out there who actually point to the Big Bang as evidence of a personal Creator? And also interpret Genesis in terms of evolution?

Âðelwulf said:
Wow . . . ya have very vivid dreams! That or a vivid imagination.

This dream or fantasy or whatever-it-is proves nothing. What if I dreamed/fantasized/whatever-it-ised that I was talking to Woden (a.k.a Odin) and he told me about Ragnarok and how it would go down? Does my dream/fantasy/whatever-it-is prove the ancient Norse religion right? No more and no less than yer dream/fantasy/whatever-it-is proves the Christian religion right.

camphlps said:
That is not ment to prove God. It was to show why I believe.

Ya believe cuz of a dream ya had?

Apply that last sentence to yourself only please.

More like: It is OK to simply say we are afraid to know.

FAITH is the substance of God. Believe without falter and thou shalt be saved from immolation! It doesn't matter even if God has presented all the evidence to look like evolution is plausible, it doesn't matter if we don't have a scrap of evidence to substantiate our beliefs. BELIEVE BROTHERS!!! Believe, and when God comes in the sky (the earth is flat so "every eye will see Him"), these fools who actually tried to use their brains and make use of the evidence available on the planet will be tried for fighting against the one true Christian religion!

Who are any of you to discredit his belief? You who do have faith, why try to disprove what cannot be disproven? Where is your faith? Did you forget it when you listened to the masses? Your insignificant attempts against what may be facts or any other "word" you choose, is nothing more than just what the rest is, words. Could you honestly believe that your own evidences discredits others, but give you prestiege? You have disregarded the same "evidence" that you cling on to for your own truth.

South Star, Stick with your faith. As you have posted that all will see him. Its is also written that all we be well and known. So they will see their ignorance of the truth either in this life or at the start of their second death.

whats pathetic is you totally misunderstood what i posted...and I dont care to expain it. Though thats accually is its meaning is explanation, metaphoricly.

thats okay if your too incompitent to understand. Not like its gonna kill you or anything like that.

TheMatrixIsReal said:
Shifting the Burden of Proof Fallacy: This is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

Argumentum ad metum: An appeal to fear is when a person attempts to create support for their idea by playing on existing fears and prejudices.

You seem to misunderstand the reason people disregard your beliefs, not because we 'choose to ignore your overwhelming evidence', but because you provide no evidence. Science, on the other hand, is based almost purely on evidence. I can look up the equation for gravity, and drop a ball, yup gravity works just like it should. Where's your evidence for god? Oh that's right you've made up a concept that's impossible to test so you can be content knowing you will never be wrong, and called it god. And you seriously wonder why people don't take your seriously? It's hilariously pathetic.

Bravo! That last paragraph put him in place.. but his response is even more revealing I say..

EDIT:

thats okay if your too incompitent to understand. Not like its gonna kill you or anything like that.

Ooops! MatrixIsReal, I forgot to tell you something:

You are a FOOL! Don't you understand that YOU DON'T NEED EVIDENCE TO PROVE SOMETHING? That defeats the entire fun of religion!!! :D

camp, when you compounded by logic, and common sense, from all sides, it's best to give up.
and give up gracefully.
just a helpful hint.

Silas said:
Ah! And now the apologetics.

Time to go to the original, methinks: Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light; and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​
I expected to read a lot of things from (if you don't want to be called a Creationist) anti-Evolutionists, but actual deliberate denigration, distortion and misreading of one of the most profound, insightful and beautiful writings in human creation was certainly not one of them.

Can there be any more fascinating, profound and incredibly intelligent piece of writing from such antiquity - in an entirely pre-technological and pre-scientific world - than "Let there be light"? The deep understanding that went into the consideration of the Universe before the Creation, that it would be represented by void and formless Chaos, symbolised of course by the Chaos known at the time, the illimitable, untameable Sea; and that inevitably that the Chaos would be plunged in deepest Darkness. The fundamental understanding of the properties of the world around us such as to come to the realisation that before even the creation of land, even in the form of the barest rock, that more fundamental to the world was the light by which we see it, is awe-inspiring in its sheer scope of the mind that conceived it. Furthermore that it is Light itself which is created, not the perhaps more natural Sun; that the Sun and Moon have to be created later in order to contain the primordial light and regulate how it would fall on the earth, is a stunning concept given the antiquity of the story.

But no! The believer would rather reduce this incredible vision of the formation of Order out of Chaos to some lonely and unnamed observer (presumably sitting in a boat) who sees the clouds parting to reveal the already-extant Light beaming down onto the already-existing Earth. And all for the somewhat pointless purpose of reconciling what was written in the book with the body of scientific knowledge gained since the book was written.
I see lots of words, but I don't see where, as you attest, that I misread? The Genisis story speaks of six days. The days are specifically designated as light and dark periods. Prior to any light and dark period there existed the formless Earth so it certainly was not created "on the first day" but some unspecified time earlier. The key scripture is when God said "Let there be light". Prior to the light their was darkness. The phrase is "Hayah 'ore" or "To be Light". The word for create is "bara" which occurs in the first verse but does not occur here. Scripture does not say God created light at this point, it says "let there be light" like turning on a light switch or opening a window. This is much the same in verse 16 when it says that God made two great lights, one to rule the day and the other, with the stars, to rule the night. The word "bara" is not present, indicating that God did not create these on the third day but they simply were there (no doubt created some time earlier).

My interpretation is that the Earth had a cloud layer (or something like it which blocked the light - dust, smoke, etc.), much like Venus, and God told the clouds to start dissipating. On the first day, the clouds had dissipated enough to let in light but it wasn't until the third day that the clouds had dissipated enough to see the Sun, Moon and Stars. But then again, this is just what I think this means.

Yes, I fail to see any science in the fantasy of Macro-Evolution. Does that make me anti-Evolution? No, I have always maintained the truth of Micro-Evolution as does every theist I have ever heard of. The truth of Micro-Evolution does not lead to the truth of Macro-Evolution. The fact that amino-acids "might" form after a billion years does not in any way lead to DNA or the Cell or multi-cell development. Amino acids make up the words of the DNA computer program, but having the words and then extrapolating to a billion word program, DNA, is not possible (and we haven't even discussed where the computer came from to run the program - the Cell). If it took a billion years to form a simple compound with only a dozen or so atoms, how long would it take to form even the simplist of DNA strands, or a single chromozone? The time is simply not sufficient (and there is not even evidence that it has actually been billions of years).

But, you accused me of "actual deliberate denigration, distortion and misreading". Please elucidate.

Last edited:
Good Point David

mis-t-highs: Is when someone who doesnt understand what I say making me surrounded by logic and common sense? If this is your idea of sense then why do you argue with someone who see's like you do not see? Why would anyone? If you do not truely understand me, why keep this up? Should I give up reason for madness?
Il Mio Dio! Non conoscono che cosa.

Back