Test in morality

What would you do?

• Do nothing, hoping you will be rescued sooner.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Stab another person secretly and drink his blood.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Just stab another person to drink the water.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

ndrs

The Anti-Cthulhu
Registered Senior Member
OK.. Suppose you were on a desert island, and you knew you will be rescued in two-three days.
You only had one day worth of drinkable water left, and you couldn't get anymore.There was another person with you. You had to share the water.

What would you do?

Ok this is flawed but meh

I'd talk to the other person and we'd set out water rations so like we have a little bit every so often...and if the other person drinks more than the ration, out comes the knife.
But then again, I could use the knife to make holes in coconuts and drink the milk. Or extract water from the stems of plants.

I said, you couldn't get anymore water and there wasn't enough water to share for 3 days.

* edit

If you share you only survive for half a day-a day maybe.
Maybe you would have a way to extract water from the body.

Ok then, I'd get some sea water, boil it then drink it. There is always a way to get water

How would you boil it? There is only sand...
This is pointless, it is a morality test not a physics test. :)

See how long I could vampirize him without killing him.

I mean, it kinda depends on who he is to me.

Trolling for a husband, eh?

See how long I could vampirize him without killing him.

I mean, it kinda depends on who he is to me.
I recommend you come up to Seattle and search among software testers, or better yet, coders. Some of them go months at a clip without seeing a woman, and many of them would be happy to play bitch to your Bela Lugosi.

Myself, if you haven't guessed: Stick together. If the other one goes first I'm sure I can figure out how to raid all the protiens and minerals. ;)

If not, it was a good run.

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

What is the point of sticking together though? Killing him immediately would secure you in the long run...

The dead do not bleed. If he died before you, you probably wouldn't be able to vampirize him.

Ah yes, he would have no pulse! :)
I will remember this next time I am stuck in a desert with someone! :)

You might be able to dismember him and get some blood that way...however, I'm not so sure it'd work.

Yeah, the best way is to hit him unconsciuos. That way you could extract his blood.. But could you save it from solidifying by mixing in water?

You have no water! Sheesh, it's your own situation and you forget this.

Seawater, of course, can't be used because it will cause your brain to swell.

Oh, right. But if you wait for him to die naturally, you'll lose that water.

But yeah, you could save the blood that way.

Hmm, amusing - "Dracula" by Iced Earth comes on while I type this.

why kill em? drac kept humans alive for several days while drinking their blood. exchange blood and both will make it

Doesn't make much sense

What is the point of sticking together though? Killing him immediately would secure you in the long run...
Should I really point out the South Park episode including "Eric Roberts"? I mean, that's kind of how it sounds, ndrs.
The dead do not bleed. If he died before you, you probably wouldn't be able to vampirize him.
True, but you can always eat him. There is water to be had in the flesh; just don't wait too long.

The thing that gets me is that this is another one of those illustrations devised to accommodate the shortsighted and narrow-minded who seek any excuse to license their fetish behavior. Vampirism, for instance, suggests that the other person would allow you to do this. Most likely, those fluids are as important to that other person--if not moreso--as they are to you. So the result is that instead of a cooperative effort to survive, you have an elective battleground where two people choose to make each other the primary threat. It's diversionary. Crowley allegedly kicked a sherpa off a mountain; when, as such, would he ever again have the chance to kill someone without the threat of the law?

Think of it this way: The alien anthropologist finds your remains, and based on the condition of the bodies and other factors at the site, it is reported that humans, when faced with challenging circumstances, choose not cooperative circumstances to prevail, but rather distract themselves with infighting while the Universe falls down around them. Of course, this theory would get shot down by the other school of thought, when a rival anthropologist asks how the humans got to the island. Smirking, the first anthropologist would reply that they swam; as soon as the boat took on water, the best thing to do was not to save the boat but either leap overboard in an effort at self-preservation, or hang around and destroy a few of your species-mates as the waves claimed the lot of you. Of course, that question could be answered when they find the ship and haul up the wreckage and find people trampled, or trapped by the foolish actions of their panicking shipmates.

You're a testament to the species, Xev.

ndrs: Secure you in the long run against what? In the hypothetical, it is easy to say that you have only so much water left, but how many times in history have humans endured--sometimes at savage cost, admittedly--when they should not have? Cooperative ingenuity increases the species chances for survival. People can "convince themselves" to death; a young man was found dead, suffocated, in an abandoned boxcar in my county when I was a kid. The strangest thing about it was that he scrawled messages on the walls before he died, and insofar as anyone can tell, he wasn't actually running out of air. The boxcar was old, and not sealed. But this guy believed himself suffocating and his heart simply stopped beating. There was no evidence of suffocation.

What I'm after is that there is a difference between what happened to a football team in the Andes and the "Eric Roberts" episode of South Park. In other words, there is a difference between being forced by circumstance to eat the dead guy next to you and panicking and killing someone just so you could eat, feel secure in your isolation, or otherwise convince yourself wrongly of better footing in a bad situation.

Corpses Discovered on Island: Morbid final hours

(AP)--Rescue workers today discovered the bodies of two missing sailors on a remote island in the South Pacific. In a morbid twist of circumstance, the evidence suggests that the sailors, lost from the shipwrecked Zenith, out of Honolulu, set upon themselves shortly after arriving at the island. The first body discovered suffered bruises, lacerations, and a broken neck before a thirty-pound rock was used to crush the skull. The second body, discovered some two hundred feet away, lay in the rocks descending to the surf, apparently having fallen and suffered mortal injury. The Zenith called an SOS on Monday, and only twenty-seven hours had passed before a flotsam trail led rescue searchers to this pimple of an island where a grisly scene awaited them .....

It would make a hell of a story, wouldn't it?

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Back