swastika = windmill

Fine, maybe not windmill. Watermill sure. If you had to draw a waterwheel in as few strokes as possible, it would look kind of like a swastika.

Ummm, no.
Do you have any pics of what you are talking about?

2154511962_a9183a713d.jpg

I daresay the waterwheel is more useful than the windmill, but more pronounced in the ancient world? Hmm.

Sure, the belgians had weak defenses. The french maginot line could have held the germans at bay, but they just rolled right through belgium.. or the netherlands. Tiny euopean countries are all the same :p

I daresay the waterwheel is more useful than the windmill, but more pronounced in the ancient world? Hmm.
Well it's more reliable, but you can build a windmill more or less anywhere.
A water wheel has certain, er, requirements.

Sure, the belgians had weak defenses. The french maginot line could have held the germans at bay, but they just rolled right through belgium.. or the netherlands. Tiny euopean countries are all the same :p
The Maginot Line could have slowed them down, but they sort of went round it...

A waterwheel could just be a line with two cups at the ends. If you take two lines and cross them, and put cups at the ends, it will end up looking like a swastika. Which is more distinct?

Well, I do not doubt the might of the blitzkrieg, but the maginot was a contiunous line of badassery. If the germans broke through at one point, the allies would have a choke point to make starcraft players green with envy ;)

Well, I do not doubt the might of the blitzkrieg, but the maginot was a contiunous line of badassery.
Er, no it wasn't.
It stopped at the Belgian border and the panzers went round it (through Sedan and the forest).

Hmm. It seems that the swastika is ever-present in the ancient world. The symbol for the god jupiter.

The swastika and the equilateral cross are very similar though. A cross is a great symbol because it separates man from nature. The straight angle is very rare in nature, it is man made.

Adding extra equilateral lines onto this cross is kind of a one-up. It is better than the cross, but still not too complicated to replicate with ease.

Er, no it wasn't.
It stopped at the Belgian border and the panzers went round it (through Sedan and the forest).

Yes. Those french farts fiddling with fancy fences forgot to defend all fronts. :( too bad

Seriously, what were they thinking? Its like the great wall of china, but shorter! I still do not get all the details, but I will leave that for tomorrow.

Yes, there is even a dungeon in one of the older Legend of Zelda video games whose layout is in the shape of a swastika. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Well they couldn't build in Belgium...
And the Belgians DID have their own system of fortifications. But Kurt Student's lot (paras) took care of Eben Emael in a classic action and that was all she wrote... Left the way open through Sedan.

Yes. Those french farts fiddling with fancy fences forgot to defend all fronts. :( too bad

Seriously, what were they thinking? Its like the great wall of china, but shorter! I still do not get all the details, but I will leave that for tomorrow.

No they didn't. The Maginot line was designed to fortify the border with Germany and prevent a direct invasion from Germany. And it did exactly what it meant to. Extending the line to the Belgian border would have been politically difficult. But the Maginot line did mean that far fewer troops had to be put on the German border.

Far more important in the defeat of France was the Blitzkrieg tactics.

It's all very simple, the swastika goes one way and there is another variant going the other. One is unlucky, it tends to go boom... the other doesn't, if you nut jobs can't figure that out then obviously you aren't nuts enough.

[Mental note] Must put the suggestion forward for [ Sarcasm] [ /Sarcasm] tags

Back