swastika = windmill

DRZion

Theoretical Experimentalist
Valued Senior Member
Has anyone noticed that the swastika resembles a windmill or water wheel? Coincidence? I think not.

The watcher has spoken.

A water wheel?
Not the ones I've ever seen.
And windmills are closer to resembling the WWI-style German cross (Balkenkreuz?).

Not to say that the windmill is evil, but rather to point out that Nazi Germany was attempting to surpress ecological technology through the use of symbolism. Hitler was training to be a painter, after all. Coincidence? I think not.

Germany, at the helm of industry surely would not like the current model of society to change. Germany was highly industrialized and relied on coal.

Oh but windmills ARE evil, just ask Don Quixote.
And coincidences are ten a penny.
They don't mean anything.

Germany, at the helm of industry surely would not like the current model of society to change. Germany was highly industrialized and relied on coal. Lets not pretend that industry did not profit from that war.

agreed. The war in the Middle East has been very good for my family. My husband's company has benefited greatly from the war machine.

That must be why the Germans invaded the Netherlands - all of those disgusting, evil windmills...

Well, if you take the second lines along the 4 arms of the swastika, they could act as cups in a waterwheel. Its not pefect, but it kind of works.

I think that the windmill and waterwheel are two very important and ancient images. This reason alone makes it a worthy symbol.

Well, if you take the second lines along the 4 arms of the swastika, they could act as cups in a waterwheel. Its not pefect, but it kind of works.

I think that the windmill and waterwheel are two very important and ancient images. This reason alone makes it a worthy symbol.

You really don't have any idea where they took the symbol from, do you ?

The netherlands? They helped the germans, by letting them through to France.. or was the belgium?

Not exactly.. ancient roman maybe? They had windmills in rome.

Or is it the sun?

No, dammit. :mad: Those damn Amish have a monopoly on the market.
Sneaky buggers!

Er, they're still in use in a few European countries...

Looks more like a cross to me
windmill.jpg

or a pretty pretty flower. :)
windmill.jpg

Fine, maybe not windmill. Watermill sure. If you had to draw a waterwheel in as few strokes as possible, it would look kind of like a swastika.

The netherlands? They helped the germans, by letting them through to France.. or was the belgium?
Neither of those countries "let" the Germans through.

Not exactly.. ancient roman maybe? They had windmills in rome.
Or is it the sun?
No and no.
And the Swastika is actually a reversed version of the original.

Back