Suspicious history in the NT

you are taking this stuff too seriously, being wrong is not a lie. We are all wrong at times are we not?

It is in my books. I think most of the problems in the world are caused because of lies, and justifying lies or misconceptions.

You meet Fred, Fred has a new punk style hair cut that looks dumb, to avoid insulting and hurting Fred you make a little white lie to make him feel better and say you like it. Everyone does this. Now Fred goes to a job interview and does not get the job because the employee doesnt like his unorthodox hairstyle. The lie, while good in intention had negative consequences.

Lets look at this whole God thing. We dont have proof it exists (I mean real proof), and we dont have proof it doesnt exist. Man tells a lie to himself to make him feel better about when he dies... like mayb there is something afterwards to look forward to. Now if people were faced with the reality that perhaps there is no god... we would stop having to justify its existence, we would stop killing each other in its name, and perhaps we would stop glorifying death so much and figure out ways to live longer. Perhaps if people knew their was no god, they would be less quick to throw away their lives for whatever ideology or dogma.

To me the truth is important, and if its not the truth.. its a lie... even if I didnt know about it. Ignorance is not an excuse as most people choose to stay ignorant.

I am under the belief that all these lies we allow through our society, and all the justifications of those lies ... leads to a lot of humanities woes. Thats my opinion, and it may be a lie... but hopefully someone will point that out to me if I am wrong. I dont want to live a lie

It is in my books.

What books.

You meet Fred, Fred has a new punk style hair cut that looks dumb, to avoid insulting and hurting Fred you make a little white lie to make him feel better and say you like it. Everyone does this. Now Fred goes to a job interview and does not get the job because the employee doesnt like his unorthodox hairstyle. The lie, while good in intention had negative consequences.

Thanks for the descripition of a lie. But, ah forget it.

Lets look at this whole God thing. We dont have proof it exists (I mean real proof), and we dont have proof it doesnt exist. Man tells a lie to himself to make him feel better about when he dies... like mayb there is something afterwards to look forward to. Now if people were faced with the reality that perhaps there is no god... we would stop having to justify its existence,

Tell me somethiong i dont know. Perhaps...maybe...what is the difference? You believe what you do, you should afford others the same right. My interst is disecting M*W's quotes from other material not trying to preove her wrong or passing any philosophy onto anyone.

To me the truth is important, and if its not the truth.. its a lie... even if I didnt know about it.

I really dont jknow how to respond to that.

I am under the belief that all these lies we allow through our society, and all the justifications of those lies ... leads to a lot of humanities woes. Thats my opinion, and it may be a lie... but hopefully someone will point that out to me if I am wrong. I dont want to live a lie

No Wiozard nature and humanity leads to societies woes, and also to societiies beauty. We cannot change this, it is our legacy.

oh, see the green text in the quote box.

M*W, please refer to this post:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1363475&postcount=16

Last edited:
Back