(supposedly) reversing the entropy of closed systems

DRZion, what do you actually plan to write your paper on? Are you going to argue from theory that dS<0 is possible in a closed system? In which case you need to be familiar with such things as thermodynamics and statistical physics, including such concepts as Gibbs free energy or partition functions. The problem is that given such constructions its proven that the 2nd law follows. As such you cannot use the theory of thermodynamics to prove otherwise.

Thus you must be doing experimental work which demonstrates the current thermodynamics model is wrong, in that there are experiments which it cannot explain. Are you doing such experiments? If so, outline what they are, what your equipment is, what your methods of analysis are etc. Only if you have experimental justification for your claims can you end up demonstrating the 2nd law wrong.

DRZion, what do you actually plan to write your paper on? Are you going to argue from theory that dS<0 is possible in a closed system?

Yes, the most fundamental argument for perpetual motion is entropy reversal.

I do not have any real theory for entropy reversal (it is much easier to prove with an experiment)- but I do not think one is required since there really isn't any theory for why entropy is a directional process in the first place. It is an empirical law without any precursors (an axiom). But this is a whole different argument.

In which case you need to be familiar with such things as thermodynamics and statistical physics, including such concepts as Gibbs free energy or partition functions. The problem is that given such constructions its proven that the 2nd law follows. As such you cannot use the theory of thermodynamics to prove otherwise.

I have heard this argument before - that it is a self contradiction to try to undermine standard thermodynamics with more standard thermodynamics.

This is why a simple experiment would be far more effective than any amount of derivation. I can't tell why there are exceptions to the second law, it does seem to hold in every process in nature. In order to prove why and where there are exceptions, more serious math is required.

Thus you must be doing experimental work which demonstrates the current thermodynamics model is wrong, in that there are experiments which it cannot explain. Are you doing such experiments?

I am certainly trying to take the experimental approach rather than any theoretical approach. Right now I am designing the experiments, but these remain top secret until I publish them.

The process which I am studying constitutes of entropy increasing from point A to B and then decreasing from point B to C . However, net entropy still increases between points A and C. I have read a bit on reversible processes and it seems that during such a process entropy does not increase and so the above process would not be categorized as a reversible process but would display reversal of entropy.

Last edited:
Back