Strange Creatures

Apparently there is new footage just released showing the existence of the Ogopogo. Has anyone seen it?

Nah I haven't heard anything. But I should have. The comp I'm using is slow but try paranormal.about.com, they have news there and if there's something new about ogopogo that'd be the place to check it out.

Speaking about Strange Creatures....

Now listen to this! Americans Beware! Scary Monsters and Super Creeps! Enjoy...:bugeye:

Do Birds Come This Big?

Feature Story FATE Magazine 2002-02-01 00:00:00
by Helen M. White

WEST VIRGINIA and Ohio had a monster, a redeyed, winged-back,
six-foot, manlike, car-chasing monster. This bird-monster was seen first on Tuesday, November 15, 1966, near Point Pleasant, W. Va. Tw young Mason County married couples told Deputy Sheriff Millard Halstead they were riding through the sprawling marshy area near the Ohio River which contains the McClintic Wildlife Sanctuary and a huge abandoned TNT plant when, as their auto crested a hill, a strange object loomed in front of them. Mr. and Mrs. Steve Mallette and Mr. and Mrs. Roger Scarberry, all of Point Pleasant, described the creature as at least seven feet tall, man-like, gray in color, with glowing red eyes two inches in diameter and wings on its back. When their car lights hit it the creature took off making a flapping noise.

They became frightened and drove rapidly toward Point Pleasant on Route 62 but the thing followed them. Even when their speed approached 100 miles an hour the flying creature appeared to drift easily along behind the car. The two couples, who Halstead said had not been drinking, declared the thing followed them to the city limits, at one time coming within 50 feet of their car and emitting a sound similar to a record played at high speed or the squeak of a mouse. But it appeared to avoid lights and disappeared after they reached the edge of town. Their story might have elicited no lasting interest except that confirmation in reports of other witnesses was soon forthcoming.

Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Wamsley, Marcella Bennett, and Ricky Thomas, also of Point Pleasant, swore they too had seen the birdmonster. As a matter of fact they said they saw it three times late that same night, November 15, near the same abandoned power plant a few miles north of Point Pleasant. These reports brought curious crowds to the area and volunteer firemen had to help the police keep traffic moving. By Thursday night, two days after the first report, the area was ablaze with lights from cars and from flashlights carried by those brave enough to hunt on foot. Police estimated more than 1,000 persons milled around in the area before midnight. Every intersection was jammed with parked cars and clumps of laughing young adults. The abandoned power plant rang with the shrieks of young people scaring themselves within its dark walls.

On Friday, November 25, Thomas Ury, a 25-year-old assistant manager of a shoe chain in Clarksburg, W. Va., told officials that an enormous creature flying two or three telephone poles high chased his convertible down the highway and into Point Pleasant at 70 miles an hour. Ury, who was the first to see the monster in daylight, described it as about six feet tall, with a 10-foot wingspan, but he saw no red eyes. He sighted the creature on Route 62 at 7:15 a.m. as he was returning home alone to Clarksburg from a Thanksgiving Day visit. He had reached the vicinity of the Homer Smith farm about eight miles north of Point Pleasant when the creature rose up just like a helicopter from a nearby field. He too talked with Millard Halstead telling him that the creature hovered easily over his automobile for miles and eventually flew off toward the Ohio River. It came up like a helicopter and then veered over my car. It began going around in circles. I was scared to death this thing would come right through my convertible top, Ury said.

The following day, Saturday, Marvin Shock and his two children, Marlene, 14, and Phillip, 11, who live near Lowell, Ohio, approximately 100 miles north of Point Pleasant, watched four giant birds in the bare trees along Cats Creek a mile outside the village. They looked about as big as a man would look moving around in the tree branches, Shock said. When we started walking toward them for a closer lookwe were about 100 yards from themthey took off and flew up on the ridge. Shock and his children followed them in their car and saw three of the monster-birds land at the edge of the woods about 200 yards from the
home of Ewing Tilton. The fourth enormous bird flew over the house and yard for several minutes before settling in the trees with the others. Tilton and Shock, both farmers and familiar with large hawks, agreed that these monstrous birds had wingspans of not less than 10 feet and stood between four and five feet tall. The two men watched the four giant birds for over two hours. Neither of them saw two-inch red eyes but Shock was under the impression that there was a reddish cast to their heads. They further described the birds as having dark brown backs, charcoal gray breasts and bills five or six inches long not curved like those of hawks or vultures. Tilton observed that there were some light flecks on the birds backs.

Kenneth Duncan of Blue Creek, W.Va., said he saw something that looked like a brown human being Saturday in a wooded area at Reamer near Clendenin. It was gliding through the trees and was in sight for about a minute, Duncan stated. He and four other men were digging the grave of his father-in-law, Homer Smith of Blue Creek who was buried on Sunday. But the object disappeared before any of the others saw it, Duncan said.

Connie Jo Carpenter, 18, of New Haven, saw the awful-looking creature on Sunday night. Man-like, with a big wingspan it flew toward her car as she drove on Route 33 near New Haven about 10:30 a.m. She said she stepped hard on the gas and didnt look back. Later that same Sunday night two other young girls reported seeing a similar creature on Route 60 near St. Albans. They were walking home from a store and ran to a neighbors home. The neighbor also saw the flying creature which had big red popeyes and didnt have a beak. St. Albans is about 40 miles south of Point Pleasant.

Four Nelsonville, Ohio, women returning from work at the Logan Goodyear plant on Wednesday night, December 7, were badly shaken when a huge bird nearly collided with their car. The near-accident occurred close to the Athens-Hocking County line on Route 33. They described a bird similar to the creature seen around Point Pleasant. Dixie Auflick was driving passengers Edna Guess, Betty Hook and Kathleen Bond home from work. They stopped at the Johnny Appleseed Roadside Park between 11:00 and 11:30 p.m. to close a car door which had not been latched tightly. They had traveled only a few hundred feet after their stop when a huge bird swooped down in front of their car from the right. Mrs. Guess said the bird just skimmed over the car and they could see quite clearly its red eyes and brownish-silvery body. A small swampy area exists between the highway and the railroad and extends to the Hocking River at the point where the women saw the monster. It was in such a swampy area near Point Pleasant, W. Va., that the bird-monster first was sighted.

The last report of this monster comes from Kathryn Beaver of Leon, W. Va., who saw a huge flying creature gliding toward her auto on Sunday night, December 11. She was traveling on Route 35 near Wilson Straight. She said the fly-over hit the car like a gust of wind. The newspapers called the strange aerial sightings variously monster, mothman, creature, and haunting creature, but they did not explain where they came from or where they went. There have been no further reports since December 1966.Whatever the creatures were they convinced a number of frightened observers that they werent figments of their imaginations.

One thing still bothers Steve Mallette, one of the first four persons
to report seeing the flying monster. All the pigeons disappeared from the abandoned power plant building near where the creature first was spotted. Pigeons still can be seen on all the other buildings scattered throughout the area but not a single pigeon goes near the huge double-smokestacked power plant where they used to roost.

© FATE Magazine 2001 - 2002

========================== Forwarded message ends ========================

Pigeons still can be seen on all the other buildings scattered throughout the area but not a single pigeon goes near the huge double-smokestacked power plant where they used to roost.

Of course that would have nothing to do with....

The abandoned power plant rang with the shrieks of young people scaring themselves within its dark walls.

A remote controlled Pterosauria would scare anyone.

...(Q),
duimpie.gif
I like the way you always go into this stuff!
hug.gif

Lighten up, it is just a story from some U$ citizens who saw something. Cynisism is good, not too much, though. It ruins your life and gives you a headacke from banging against everything all the time...
banghead.gif

Banshee, the proper term is 'skepticism', although it is often confused with cynicism. But they are different things.

Does the Q have a headache? Can Xev make it better? Can (STOP THAT!)

Sorry.

Lighten up

Banshee. That's exactly what I did. I lightened it up. If you look closely you'll notice that all I did was put 2 and 2 together with words used from that article.

I then went on to suggest a radio controlled plane disguised as a flying dinosaur could have been what they saw. Isn't that even the least bit humorous?

I must be slipping.

Xev

Ooooh baby.... do I have a headache. Come to papa.

Aww, poor Q. Shall I kiss it and make it better?

Hey look Banshee, an alien! It went that way! You'd better go chase it!

*Shoo, Banshee, shoo!*

Aww, poor Q. Shall I kiss it and make it better?

With those lips?

Absolutely !

*Outfits Banshee with nets and e-meters and sends her after the alien*

Awww, is the Q tense from all his debunking? Let's get the Q a drink and rub his shoulders.

speaking of strange creatures,
see fierce creatures, the movie with john cleese and jamie lee curtis

for banshee's sake i would like to say that when we hear words to much in the media, the become intergrated into our brain.

i think in banshee's case the word is "pyschosamatic"
we still love ya;)

Back