• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, but you are stigmatizing them. ...
I say Chav is wrong. Sorry.

They choose the clothes they wear, and that is the large part of the 'chav' culture. Chavs wear tracksuits and Burberry. They CHOOSE to do this.

I was into heavy metal and grunge. We got all sorts of names used to describe us, 'grebs' etc, and I never thought they were offensive, they were just a label used to describe a subculture. Same goes for CHAV.

BTW, there are footballers wives who do 'designer chav' so while for the most part it's socio-economic, that isn't the rule.

Also, as there are lots of bikers, metallers, crusties, hippies etc who are also in the lower socio-economc layer, CHAVS can't complain that the term implies they are part of that layer, as plenty of other subcultures inhabit it too.

CHAVS dress like shit, have shit diets and listen to shit music, and they bring all of this onto themselves. They are not some minority due to birth, they choose to live like wannabe gangstas. They are pathetic, and deserve derision for their lack of aspiration and betterment.

So there.

OK, here's a more scientific diagram detailing a typical female "Chav".

Good one, another variant is the 'muffin top' arrangement, girls squeezed into jeans that are too tight and a crop top, with flesh spilling out inbetween;

muffintop.jpg

.. and please, bleeding hearts don't try and tell me this is socio-ecnomic, it's just bloody awful fashion sense and no sense of self image.

Or as phlogistician says:

Also, as there are lots of bikers, metallers, crusties, hippies etc who are also in the lower socio-economc layer, CHAVS can't complain that the term implies they are part of that layer, as plenty of other subcultures inhabit it too.

The Chav wiki artcle is pretty funny. I admit, though, that English and Welsh rap is a concept that I can't even wrap my mind around.
I mean, "Goldie Looking Chain"?
Really? That's the name of a group? I wouldn't listen to them just because the name is so damn dumb.

I don't think Chav is strong enough. How about Chode?

I'm just kidding, now. Don't get angry with me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

We don't use the word chav in london, the only time I hear it is on TV. older posh people call us Hoodies though which is a funny name.

peace.

Back