Still sort of buying souls/a new philisophical topic to discuss

jmpet

Valued Senior Member
A slightly different variation...

I will pay you one million dollars for every year we tack off your life.

Call me a time traveler from the future. I live off of life essenses, okay?

You are X years old. You will die when you're Y years old, at Y date.

I am buying years off this date.

For example, if you're 25 and will live to 75, you sell me 5 years for $5 million and you will die at 70 now.

Problem is- you don't know when you'll die. For all you know, you'll die 6 years from now in which case you're now dying one year from now.

Or maybe you're selling me 10 years but you will die 8 years from now- signing the deal will instantly kill you.

How many years do you want to sell me?

I'm 46 you can buy the rest of them, life expectancy is 76 here so you will need to fork over 30 million. Let me know when you are ready to transfer the money and I can send you the details.

We never know when we are going to die anyway! You can have a year for a million dollars, no problem.

However, having that money would change when we will die, wouldn't it? Especially if I spend it on hookers and blow.

I'm 46 you can buy the rest of them, life expectancy is 76 here so you will need to fork over 30 million. Let me know when you are ready to transfer the money and I can send you the details.

So I give you 30 mil and you die within the year- assuming you'll live to 76. Of course you can also die at 74 in which case agreeing with me means instant death for you. Is this what you want?

Bullshit.

why do you say that?

it's not like i want to die, but i'm not afraid of it either. i try not to be careless with my life, but i don't covet it either. and if somebody gave me a million dollars, i'd just turn around and give it away. :shrug:

I thought you wanted to adopt a kid or something. Would you throw away their college education? You would not pay off your house?

I thought you wanted to adopt a kid or something. Would you throw away their college education? You would not pay off your house?

i don't really worry about meeting future financial needs. not that i'm careless, but honestly, i don't think society as we know it is going to be around long enough to worry about the future, and i know that god will provide for me...always has so far. and besides, whatever you give, you get back and then some. my husband and i tithe by giving to charities, shelters, or individuals we know who need help. and we know that if we were ever in trouble, someone would help us too.

So I give you 30 mil and you die within the year- assuming you'll live to 76. Of course you can also die at 74 in which case agreeing with me means instant death for you. Is this what you want?
Maybe I misunderstood your intention, is your premise simply, "would I sell my life for money?" Then the answer is no. I was thinking this was more like the I will offer you money for your soul thread, which I didn't see before all the spark was gone (I would have sold you my soul if you were dumb enough to pay for it though ;)).

Last edited:
No problem, fork over the dough and it's yours

I hear ya..

I would sell off a few years in a heartbeat...

Think of how many years we cut off our lives thru stress and whatnot, while we struggle to make a living...

I'm just guessing, but I doubt many here make over 100k per year..

But, let's say I make exactly 100k per year..That's ten years of stress and wear and tear on my body...

You're offering me 10 years pay, for 1 year off my life..

I think it's a great deal, sign me up as well.

i'd probably open up an orphanage. you could come help us take care of the kiddies. :)

What's that pay?..

On second thought, after changing dirty diapers for my 3 sons, whatever it pays isn't worth it..lol

...honestly, i don't think society as we know it is going to be around long enough to worry about the future, and i know that god will provide for me...always has so far...

the-wire-hands-up.gif

And that is precisely why we are so fucked as a nation.

LOL at the first "The Wire" gif I've ever seen - and rather apt! :D

Personally I would sell 2 years straight off.
I have no fear of death itself... people say it'll be just like it was before I was born... so it'll be like the 60's, then!

Can we choose which years we sell? Can I sell the first 2?

Back