Statue of Christ struck by lightning

Any thoughts on this? Personally, the first thing I thought of was our fellow poster, sandy.
Then I wondered if people are attributing it to natural or supernatural causes.

Probably natural, seeing that the statue is on top of a mountain. But building the statue in the first place is an act of idolatry.

As the 4th commandment says:

‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

The fact that the statue represents Jesus makes it even more of an offence to God then if it was a statue of satan.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Well, isn't a cross the same thing? I see giant crosses all over the place. Why isn't it an idol?

Well, isn't a cross the same thing? I see giant crosses all over the place. Why isn't it an idol?

Legitimate question :)

The cross is not something that is "any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"

The cross is just a shape.

PS: Personaly i do not own or carry a cross, it really has little meaning to me.

Most facilities built on top of hills or mountains intentionally incorporate lightening rods into the highest points of what ever structures are available, as a measure of protecting the people who may be present in the vicinity. You see, as one poster had mentioned, lightening is going to strike at these high locations any way, and so it is best to direct it safely and not allow it to simply strike haphazardly.

How many lightening rods are they gonna have to put on the Nazareth Cross?

cross_pic.jpg

maybe its saying that there is another force... what if it was just the weather?... who knows maybe it was just some odd coincidence that it hit...

Probably natural, seeing that the statue is on top of a mountain. But building the statue in the first place is an act of idolatry.

As the 4th commandment says:

‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

The fact that the statue represents Jesus makes it even more of an offence to God then if it was a statue of satan.

I agree that it's very offensive. It should be Nelson Mandela. At least he is real.

PS I'm off to the lake of fire; I have some chestnuts to roast.

Legitimate question :)

The cross is not something that is "any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"

The cross is just a shape.

PS: Personaly i do not own or carry a cross, it really has little meaning to me.

But you do get cross with pagans

hahahahahha.. that was good. btw.. if god was jealous... then why did he create woman for man? because i see us Idolling women more than god.....

Back