Spiritual questions answered here

zanket

Human
Valued Senior Member
I’ve studied spirituality for a long time now. I’ll briefly answer any questions you have as I see fit. Everything I say may be wrong.

The only right thing you'll be able to comment is that spirits and/or spirituality has never been shown to exist.

Oops.

:D

Whether or not something is right is a belief. Everyone is free to believe in what they choose.

Originally posted by zanket
Whether or not something is right is a belief. Everyone is free to believe in what they choose.
Great. I believe you are a pompous, self-absorbed (and probably young) irritant. ;)

Then I am that for you. God says: "There is nothing that I am not: Therefore, I am what I am, and I am what I am not."

So God is you, but your not God? Sounds a little cookoo if you ask me.

Originally posted by Quigly
So God is you, but your not God?

God is all that is and all that is not. So I am part of God.

Originally posted by spidergoat
what does it mean to be spiritual?

It means believing that part of you is a spirit, an eternal being with great power to create as you choose.

Originally posted by Pollux V
Does God work in ways that you believe you cannot possibly understand?

Yes, at my current level of evolution. In the same way a kindergartner cannot expect to understand calculus.

Originally posted by sargentlard
What is spirituality?

The state of being spiritual. See above about what it means to be spiritual.

It means believing that part of you is a spirit, an eternal being with great power to create as you choose.
which part would that be?:confused:

God is all that is and all that is not.
Then why bother with the label 'God'? You've rendered it a meaningless term.

~Raithere

Zanket,

The part of you that is a spirit, a soul. You are a three-part being: body, mind, and soul.
That doesn’t answer the question. Which part of you is the soul?

We can identify the body easily enough, and the mind is clearly generated by the brain, what is left? Where could a ‘soul’ be located? There are no organs left that could hold a soul.

You say you have studied spirituality for a long time, does this mean you can show us a soul or spirit? If not then what have you been studying?

Kat

Originally posted by Raithere
Then why bother with the label 'God'? You've rendered it a meaningless term.

It’s a convenient way to refer to “all that is and all that is not.” It has meaning, so it's not meaningless.

Originally posted by Katazia
That doesn’t answer the question. Which part of you is the soul?

The part that is the soul. There’s no simpler answer to this question.

We can identify the body easily enough, and the mind is clearly generated by the brain, what is left?

The soul.

Where could a ‘soul’ be located? There are no organs left that could hold a soul.

Location is not a property of the soul.

You say you have studied spirituality for a long time, does this mean you can show us a soul or spirit?

No.

If not then what have you been studying?

Spirituality.

Originally posted by Circe
Can spirituality be studied?

Yes.

zanket
Have you read Conversations with God by Neale Donale Walsch? Many of the things you said is in those books and I agree with many of them.

The first thing is that You are a three-part being: body, mind, and soul.
Which part of you is the soul?
The soul evelopes the body, it created the body, but your soul cannot be without your body and mind, for them are the tools of the soul, tools that allows the soul do whatever it chooses to do.

Circe
Can spirituality be studied?
You can study as much as you want, but simply studing doesn't do you any good. You can only be spiritual. Knowing and being are two completely different things.

Originally posted by Hevene
Have you read Conversations with God by Neale Donale Walsch?

Yes. I think it’s an excellent book.

You can study as much as you want, but simply studing doesn't do you any good. You can only be spiritual.

Yes, spirituality is about being. Study helps to change beliefs.

Back