Spiders

we dont have scorpions though
Actually we do now, and have had for twenty years or more.
Many came over in food shipments and started to breed.
Apparently they are surviving quite well and live around railway depots (rail lines brought them from the docks).
But (according to what I read) due to the lack of necessity for their poison they have become less dangerous than "foreign" ones.

Actually we do now, and have had for twenty years or more.
Many came over in food shipments and started to breed.
Apparently they are surviving quite well and live around railway depots (rail lines brought them from the docks).
But (according to what I read) due to the lack of necessity for their poison they have become less dangerous than "foreign" ones.

wow really? ive never seen one. somebody told me ages ago that we get stag and scarab type beetles aswell. but i have never seen one of them either.

peace.

wow really? ive never seen one.
Yup, there was quite a scare when it was first announced, until they discovered that the "sting" had more or less gone.
They found plenty of prey that was easy to take without it.

Yup, there was quite a scare when it was first announced, until they discovered that the "sting" had more or less gone.
They found plenty of prey that was easy to take without it.

theres not much competition for scorpions here, our insects are pretty lame. they are most likely top tiny predator now. we should have more tropical insects on the rise soon due to our heat.

peace.

I love spiders, centipedes, millipedes, snakes, etc. I can't see why people find them 'scary'. I mean, you're a 6 foot, 70kg human. It's like an elephant being terrified of a mouse.

Some interesting facts about spiders:

si_wouldyoubelieve.gif

And fantasies:

si_folklore.gif

Ref:smithsonian

More beauties:

argiope_aurantia_shauna.jpg

1. Argiope aurantia

silver_argiope_belize.jpg

2. Argiope aurantia, female

domestic_spider_eggs.jpg

3.Female domestic spider

I love spiders, centipedes, millipedes, snakes, etc. I can't see why people find them 'scary'. I mean, you're a 6 foot, 70kg human. It's like an elephant being terrified of a mouse.

im a 6 foot 3 inch 95 KG martial artist. it doesent mean that a deadly poison cant kill you or harm you. size has nothing to do with it, when it comes to poison.

i guess you wouldent mind if a black mamba was biting you. i dont have irrational fear of these animals, but that doesent mean that i want them crawling on me, when they can harm me.

its like an elephant being cautious of a human with a gun.

peace.

Spiders boys!!!

blue_spider.gif

blue spider

IS0285_1m.jpg

Green Lynx Spider

orange_araneus.jpg

araneus quadratus

Black Widows!
blk_widow.jpg

So cool
9d6f.jpg

And they are shiny!
BlackWidow2.jpg

But don't touch them, they bite, it probably won't kill you, but morphine only helps so much.

I like spiders, they are neat, independent, they lead the perfect fisherman's life.

Some of them are beautiful

Great topic S.A.M.

I used to have a pet tarantula named Garcia (my step mother named her). She was awesome. I used to compare her to Hannibal Lecter. She was a serial killer of mice, crickets and other small animals. Watching her kill them was a grotesque as it was compelling.

She died while I was studying in Europe... they forgot to feed her... which is odd, since she can go MONTHS without food... so they must have REALLY for got!

~String

Back