Someone thinks that machines cane think as human brain ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in a ways we would have the most difficulty in emulating our "soul" or "ghost" whatever you want to call it.

I thank it woud be near effortless to emulate somptin that dont esist.!!!

There would be no way to actually measure or determine a machine's ability to recognize itself.

I thank that machines will clearly understan that they are programed... which is somptiin that mos humans never will understan about therself.!!!

realty does not require evidence.

perhaps i am wrong aobut this subject but the burden of proof is on you.

but now we are talking about capabilities. you can say it was evolution but was the capacity always present in humans to develop intellectual capacity we see today?

Are you suggestin that the intellectual capacity humans have was inevitable.???

just like an ant, which relies on collective intelligence, so do humans.

you can argue that large networs do the same but faster does not provide the ability to learn and it in terms of computers\machines the network does not take away from the limitations whereas in organic intelligence it does. these are fundamental differences. so i stand by my original post, there is no comparison. we are talking about entirely separate methods here.

An i say that humans have evolved to the pont of bein able to ponder such thangs as "learnin"... but what we thank of as "consciousness" is actualy jus an illusion caused by complexity an ignerence.!!!

Last edited:
!

many things effect the path we have taken. luck and circumstance amongst a few other things, including freedom of expression and freedom from persecution by fanatics but i am not saying it was inevitable. I am saying that it was always present...iow's the capacity was always there. its all about limitations.

I am very much disturbed at John's excessive use of the word "never". Absolutes tend to demonstrate an individual's unwillingness to accept something or adapt to a changing environment.
Even though things may "not" be at the moment does not mean that it is indefinately "not possible". I take it that nobody would argue if the statement was "and 5 years from now God came down to earth and gave man the ability to program human life into a computer". Oh wait, it can NEVER happen right? Apparently if something existed that could NEVER happen, then that means God does not have absolute power. Or at least I'm using it in your terms.

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund

many things effect the path we have taken. luck and circumstance amongst a few other things, including freedom of expression and freedom from persecution by fanatics but i am not saying it was inevitable. I am saying that it was always present...iow's the capacity was always there. its all about limitations.

Well "luck" is jus anuther thang i dont have beleifs in... an i say the curent state of humanity WAS inevitable... an it was also inevitable that silicone woud be a part of the path that lead to the computers we have today... an machines are evolvin at much mor rapid pace than humans... an mor an mor the gap between humans an machines will be blured until we are mor of a manufactured machine than flesh an blood... an from that pont on evoluton will occur at blindin speed an humans such as ourselfs will no longer esist.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back