So Is This Racism?

Duck-duck-goose?

With all due respect, I think such literalism ducks the issue of racism, ethnocentrism, supremacism, &c.

I'm happy to use "ethnocentrism" and other words where we frequently use "racism", but after a while, I just get sick of having to stop and explain what such words mean.

Incidentally, have you seen the show, The Eyes of Nye? Episode 8, on "Race", is very interesting. I think all "racists" (what else should we call them?) should have their genes examined for comparison. They'll be surprised to find out how closely-related they are to the darkies, slant-eyes, wetbacks, dagos, &c.

Last edited:
I suggest that using language purposefully isn't laborious or harmful, and confronts the very essence of racism most directly; at the level of memetic transfer.

Thank you for the link, tiassa.

:)

QwertyMob said:

I suggest that using language purposefully isn't laborious or harmful, and confronts the very essence of racism most directly; at the level of memetic transfer.

Whether we call it "kicking the dog" or "expressing our anger", it's all the same to the dog.

Ricky Houy said:
But Mexicans are good rrecruits. Plus they are Americans. So in reality Americans are still dying.
You do not know much of the on going's of the world?

The general recruiting strategy is built around the cultural, legal and economic organization of society. For example, one half of the Latino population are immigrants and in order to gain recruits from this sector, the Bush administration offered immediate citizenship to any legal immigrant who enlists in the military after 9/11. So far about 20,000 have become citizens via that program, serving as indentured soldiers until they become citizens. Not only are Latin American immigrants being encouraged to join, recruiters have also moved into Mexico and Central America seeking individuals willing to serve the U. S. military.

http://www.ocorganizer.com/html/hispanic_youths.html

ugabuga said:
You do not know much of the on going's of the world?

The general recruiting strategy is built around the cultural, legal and economic organization of society. For example, one half of the Latino population are immigrants and in order to gain recruits from this sector, the Bush administration offered immediate citizenship to any legal immigrant who enlists in the military after 9/11. So far about 20,000 have become citizens via that program, serving as indentured soldiers until they become citizens. Not only are Latin American immigrants being encouraged to join, recruiters have also moved into Mexico and Central America seeking individuals willing to serve the U. S. military.

http://www.ocorganizer.com/html/hispanic_youths.html

Well, that's not my point at all. I meant the Mexicans moving into america at a high rate. Perhaps you have to live on a bordering state to notice this. But the simple fact of the matter is this, they're Americans in the end anyways. I think you can just about consider American a race. We're so mixed now it's not half bad of a way to reffer to ourselves. Perhaps it would cut down on some of this stereotyping.

Well on the second note, is any of what you posted remotely racist? They want to be Americans for the most part. So by joining the army they're becomming what they want to be. Besides wouldn't you do the same thing to boost the number of recruits in time of war?

One way of looking at it (not saying its right just another way!) is that the goverment see recruits as front line targets and don't give a shit whether they live or die and just maybe they are excerising population control by recruiting from a group they may wish to see reduced in numbers. A nice work force on one hand, when the death toll rises in war, population control, no young men to fertilise young women.

Here is a good place to recruit alot of mexicans for the war:

Friday, February 24, 2006
Illegal immigrants crowding local jails

They're walking right out of local jails. Even one man convicted of drunk driving. Sheriff's say a major reason is the number of illegal immigrants crowding county jails.

There is no exact count, but sheriffs estimate that 15 % in jail are undocumented.

“We had an opportunity after 9/11 to close out border and we didn't do it. And for whatever reason, we didn't do it. And until we get a handle on our border situation, it's not going to diminish.”

Problems of criminals walking out early to make room for undocumented immigrants can't be solved quickly. Only more jails or closed borders may stand a chance of being a solution.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department is now asking state lawmakers for a four billion dollar grant to build more local jails. The situation is so bad, some criminals never even step foot in jail because there's no where to put them.

Back