Snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Big fat male people[/url] are not ideal tiger food. They are dangerous when attacked; harder to kill, carry away, and cache; likely to be surrounded by other well-fed people practiced and armed for hunting large food animals.

Ideal tiger food would be three year old babies. If they are sleeping next to loudly snoring hunter/gatherers, maybe they are safer.
I really think we've hit on the reason snoring persists in the population. It's like the rattle on a rattlesnake. A way of saying, "Don't fuck with me", while you're asleep.

Most animals don't snore and snoring is rarely observed among most animals in the wild unless it's burrowed in someplace quite safe or large enough to be tough prey anyway.

Snoring is an effect caused by an animal sleeping so heavily that it is unaware of its position and is not breathing properly.

Most animals in the wild must sleep lightly enough to evade being gobbled up... and therefor do not snore.

Only animals that are Already Reasonably Safe from attack when asleep end up snoring.

It's not a developed effect so much as a side effect of complacency.

I know pregnate women have a habit of snoring, even before the baby gets big and in the way of everything. But I think that's just because the muscles and stuff are more relaxed.

Only way to know for sure would be to set up an experiment where a snorer is left to fend for themselves deep in the African Savannah (where we supposedly evolved), hopefully near a pride of lions or hyenas (similar to the predators we faced thousands of years ago). Return in the morning to record the results. . . (if you see a torn up sleeping back with a entrails everywhere... well, there you go!)

Only way to know for sure would be to set up an experiment where a snorer is left to fend for themselves deep in the African Savannah (where we supposedly evolved), hopefully near a pride of lions or hyenas (similar to the predators we faced thousands of years ago). Return in the morning to record the results. . . (if you see a torn up sleeping back with a entrails everywhere... well, there you go!)
(emphasis mine)
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I totally forgot this one.

Mainly though, I can't resist asking chuk15 if he is a "snorer". And of course to get a signature, here, here, here and here...

:D

Back